Top critical review
5 people found this helpful
Nice, but simple design flaw
on August 30, 2016
The cart itself is nice, really nice. If it was not for a major design flaw, I would have been very happy to keep it. Day 1: After walking 18 holes on a hilly course, I was exhausted from the resistance caused by the bag rubbing against the front tire. No matter what I did to adjust the position, the bag would end up returning to its original position, which was way too close to the wheel. Granted, I use a staff bag, but regardless, the front wheel is just too big. Day 2: The cart went back into the box for return.
- Solid build and function
- Many color options to choose from
- Convenient storage net for headcover and bag for other items
- Easy to maneuver
- One button open/close is nice to have
- UPS return process should win an award!
- Amazon return policy and process is simply amazin!
- Front tire (too BIG) scrapes against the bag base (melted through the footing from all the friction)
- Bungy strap at the bottom is a hassle (would prefer a top strap only)
- Assembly is a no-brainier (easier than trying to understand the manual)
- The back tire base is wide and clunky feeling, but is needed for stability (very compact when folded)
- Bag sits too much at an angle making club selection somewhat difficult (prefer the bag sitting more upright)
- Foot break not convenient as a handle break (takes some getting used too)
CaddyTek has a four-wheel version, but but others have stated that the bag still ends up sitting VERY close (1/2 inch) between the two front tires. Not much room for error. Went with the Bag Boy 4-wheel version (waiting for delivery), which appears to fit my needs better.