Top positive review
59 people found this helpful
Outstanding 4K IPS UHD Display Monitor (for 5x multiple display inputs). Great quality, simple to configure and use.
on May 5, 2016
The BDM4350UC has outstanding resolution, clarity, colors, brightness & blacks, and sound. I just received it, so I'm still learning features. The SmartImage OSD setting help switch monitor for different environments and uses, e.g. office, photo, movie, game, etc. Only simple color calibration options available. The 5x multiple input ports are 2x HDMI-MHL, 2x DisplayPort, 1x DB15, plus one USB 3.0 upstream (for SmartControl software from PC), audio in and audio out. There are an additional 4x USB 3.0 downstream ports on the back of the monitor, the third one is fast charge. The SmartControl software on my PC has a few key/important features, but many detailed options were not available for me.
Easy to use, looks great. Love the IPS LED brightness, contrast, color. No light bleed, no bad pixels, good blacks. Strong 7w speakers a plus. The 200mm VESA mount will allow me to mount and tilt slightly down. Matt finish keeps reflections down. PIP/PBP is extremely cool but I wish there was a remote method instead of control via the OSD button on the back.
Much more practical to use as 4K HD display than a smart TV. Because it works similar to a KVM supporting multiple PCs, multimedia, FireTV, gaming devices, etc. The BDM4350UC is less expensive than smart TV and PIP/PBP features are unique - no heavy OS like a smart TV.
I use audio from HDMI-2 and it is lost when switching between PIP/PBP, and requires an extra step to reset audio source. The Audio Source automatically switches to the main display, but I wish the Audio Source would stick as set when switching between PIP/PBP.
1) SmartControl software is on website (no CDROM) and available for Windows 7, 8, 10. Did not see Mac/Linux software versions? You must connect the USB 3.0 cable between your PC and the monitor to use SmartControl software.
2) Initially OSD button *only* turned on/off monitor, but *no* OSD menu! Fixed using SmartControl, Setup, *Reset*. Now OSD button works great.
3) Windows 10 default BDM4350UC drivers worked great, did not need drivers from website.
4) Windows 10 default display settings wrong. "Change the size of text, apps, and other items" to 100% (scale down from 200% or higher).
5) Windows 10 Advanced display settings, select extended display, display adapter properties, list all modes - fine tune resolution & refresh rate.
6) OSD button has a learning curve. From front push right (big menu), left (SmartImage), up (multiview), down (audio source).
Many more items to explore. My laptop HDMI output is 1.4 only (guess?) but the BDM4350UC connection works at 4K (3840x2160) using HDMI 1.4 or 2.0. Need to test my Mac Mini (2011) Thunderbolt to display port after I get a new cable. Need to receive and test a new HDMI switch.
I will update this review as I learn more.
I have added many items (all on Amazon):
1) Cable Matters Gold Plated Mini DisplayPort (Thunderbolt Port Compatible) to DisplayPort Cable, Black, 6 Feet (101007) for $10 USD
2) Monoprice Female to Male VGA Coupler - 90 Degree ,Gold Plated (108730) for $6 USD
3) DIZA100 HDMI 90 Degree Male to Female Right Angle Adapters 4Pcs for $7 USD (extras for laptop connection)
4) Mounting Dream MD2268-LK Tilting Mount for 42-Inch to 70-Inch Samsung, Sony, Vizio, LG, Sharp TVs with VESA 600x400mm, Black for $20 USD
5) Kinivo K300 Premium 3-Port High Speed 4K HDMI Switch with IR Wireless Remote and AC Power Adapter - Supports Resolutions up to 4K UltraHD & 3D for $30 USD
They all work great. I think there is *no* working 90 or 270 degree Displayport adapter available anywhere. Therefore, mounting this display on the wall requires some offset. The Tilting Mount has two sets of hardware, one flush set and one set with spacers *needed* to allow room for the cables to connect. The Tilting Mount above works great, but only after I mounted the bracket as low as possible on the back of the display. I used the third hole from the top of the bracket. Only my Displayport cable is a tight fit but it does work, and better if I tilt the monitor down slightly.
UPDATE: 24 June 2016
Where are website materials? SmartControl software, manuals, Windows drivers, etc.
See[...] and search for BDM4350UC.