Top positive review
The Mona Lisa of Modern Entertainment
July 27, 2014
This retro 8-bit platformer will have you hooked in minutes.
Unlike many modern franchises that attempt to achieve hyper-realistic graphics and miss the mark, this game embraces a simpler form and brings it to perfection. Here are some of it's best qualities:
- 4 player VS Mode, perhaps the most intense party game since Super Smash Bros.
- 2 player Quest Mode, a cooperative killing spree through a dozen or so monster-infested settings.
- "Easy to learn, difficult to master gameplay" that allows for extremely self-satisfying skill development.
- A massive variety of "variants" (weapons, rules, special effects, bonuses, etc) that keeps the game fresh and exciting.
- Several unlockable characters and settings, including a few hidden "easter egg" surprises.
- Ridiculously smooth gameplay and control layout.
Fantastic game. 10/10. Definitely worth 15 of your hard-earned dollars.