Top positive review
Yes! - polytuning for alternate tunings like "down a half step" or Drop D.
July 30, 2016
Yes, it does alternate tunings and can display all 6 strings at once in those tunings. My band plays down a half step. No problem.
I mention this right up front because I didn't realize this tuner could do that for a long time after I owned it. It speeds tuning quite a bit and that's always helpful on stage (or at home).
* Cheaper than a Boss TU-2 by about $20, reasonably priced
* Tunes all 6 strings at once
* accurate tuning
* "Best" form factor - not too large, not too small
* 9V standard power supply, and jack is on the rear vertical surface which I think is most optimal.
* input and output jacks are on the right and left, which I think is the most optimal location.
* tunes guitars or bass in strobe mode, or needle mode, or "poly" mode i.e. all 6 strings at once
* good build quality
* available in mini format, for those who like that. I don't care for it but some do.
* available in a clip on format also, I haven't tried that.
* Honestly the only negative I can think of on this tuner is that the display can be a little hard to see in sunlight. My recollection is the Boss is a little more visible in bright sunlight. So if you play a lot of afternoon outdoor gigs, that may be a consideration.
A really great tuner for guitar and bass. Does what it is supposed to and does it accurately. Supports a whole variety of altenate tunings -- see the manual for details.