Top critical review
Gorgeous Chair, easy to set up, but rock hard and uncomfortable!
Reviewed in the United States on March 15, 2018
My review may change with time - so we'll see what happens, but I received my order today and here are my thoughts.
- SUPER easy to put together (some washers stuck to the chair when I was required to remove them, and I was unsure where to put them after, but a quick youtube video fixed that so all-in-all fine) - PRO
- It may take time to get softer, but I have to say, the material for the seat is ROCK-HARD. Not really comfortable as of now, but like I said, maybe continue use and time will make it better? - CON
- The lumbar pillow and head pillow are made of... im not sure what, some seamingly soft material similar to velvet. The touch of it makes me uncomfortable but they are soft enough to be pillow-y at least. - PRO/CON
- The lumbar makes my legs go further outside the base of the chair, and the edge of the hard seat hurts my legs with it connected. Not connected its fine as it can be though. - CON
- Design is gorgeous! The stitching and material used is superb. No probs there - PRO
- The arm rests are SUPER SUPER hard and very uncomfortable to rest one's arms on... so whats the point? The 4-D movement of them is great and I can position it anyway, so thats good - but defeats the purpose if I dont want to put my arms on them - CON
So like I said, I may change it later, but for now Im not really comfortable with this chair. Its a nice looking chair, but so far not soft and not great to sit in. If I dont change my review I will probably return it. For reference Im 5'11" and ~250lbs (and yes the chair can support me even though the instructions say up to 220).
After gaming for over an hour (which granted its not that long), my legs and backside HURT! Im dreading repacking this into the box to ship back, so regardless Im gonna give it a couple days, see how it works. Weekend coming up so long gaming sessions will tell if this is great or not.
Been using the chair for a week - and a couple things.
One, the chair is still hard, but less so. My guess is the material takes some working in to become "somewhat soft". Still, not as soft as a fake leather chair from Staples... but maybe itll get there. The material itself is still gorgeous, cant stress that enough, and feels nice to the touch... so theres that.
Two, it does not feel good to sit in this chair for a full work day. ive worked from home AND gamed, and yes I know, you're supposed to walk around regardless instead of sitting a straight 8 hours or more, and I used to every couple of hours... but the stiffness and hardness of the chair makes it so I have to get up and take a break every 40 min or so.
Three, the armrests say "4-D" movement and I still sorta believe that, because they go in all directions... except bending forward and back. This is important, because your arm rests in a different way when the seat is reclining, as to give a different support to your arm when you are, say, resting it on the arm while its outstretched on a mouse. That being said, Ive developed a kinda pain in my upper right arm because I have to keep it on a solid surface and outstretch it in a weird way while reclined. Un-reclined, the chair is fine.
Final - Conclusion is Im going to keep the chair because Im hoping Ill get used to it over time and itll get better, but I have to say I dont know where all these high reviewers are getting their comfy chairs. Mine isnt - but Im hoping Ill just get used to it. Maybe with a combination of what it is now and some pillows or something, it'll be good.