Top critical review
Mid tower cases = no go for me
Reviewed in the United States on December 4, 2018
I've built custom PCs for myself ever since the IBM PC clone days in the 1990s. Probably over 2 dozen. So when I get a hold of something that is different, I look at it based on that history. So here goes...
For eye candy, showing off RGB lights and the components inside, this looks good. Modern, attractive, eye catching. This is the trend in today's personal computing world. All bling.
However, I'm not that fond of it. This case is a real pain to work with..
- Getting components in and out is a chore because of form factor
- Cabling is a nightmare. It shouldn't take so much time to reroute cables to make things work.
- Placing SSDs in the trays is fine, but routing cables to it is a pain
- Ran into problems with cabling from motherboard headers bumping into the panels on the case
- Only has room for one fan on the top of the case
Suffice to say, I won't be buying another mid tower case anymore. Its just too much work and hassle putting things in and out What would take me an hour to put the same components in a full tower, took me three times that with a full tower case.