Top positive review
Damn fast phone (great value for the money)
March 25, 2017
I bought this phone from NGP STORE USA and everything went really smooth. I was worried of not receiving the USA version (A3000), since many people who bought this phone ended up with the Chinese one (A3013), this seller did a great job regarding that point. The only thing that I can criticize is the price, you can get this phone for $439 directly from the oneplus site (I paid $529).
- This phone has the same chipset, CPU and GPU that the Google Pixels phones use but paired it with 6GB of ram (the pixels have 4GB). It uses a 3400 mAh battery combined with the a Full HD AMOLED screen gives you great battery life.
- The 16MP back camera is really good and I love the flexibility that gives you in manual mode, the laser focus works quite well and the OIS is something that every phone camera should have. I was surprised about the flash, although it is not dual tone it handles fairly good the low light pictures. Bottom line, this camera is excellent but don't expect something outstanding as the Samsung S7 Edge camera.
- The front camera has 16MP but is not even close to the rear one (no OIS, no flash, bigger pixel size and more).
- The screen is "only" FullHD but being AMOLED adds something here. Great view angles, great colors and outstanding contrast.
- The audio is excellent! Matching big competitors as the HTC 10.
- Other details, the fingerprint sensor is made of ceramic and works incredibly good. The back camera glass is made of sapphire which is super scratch resistance. The metal body gives the phone a premium look and the alert slider on the left side is something that every smartphone should have. No SD card slot, but the dual SIM works like a charm (you can choose which SIM to use for calling, SMS and data). It has a USB type C connector which is nice for the future but right now most cables are just micro USB. The Dash charge is amazing but you need to use the provided cable and charge adapter.
The phone came with OxygenOS 4.0.3 which is based in Android Nougat 7.0 and I was able to update it to OxygenOS 4.1 (based on android 7.1.1) using the app Opera VPN and choosing Canada as the location.
If you are like me and prefer a more stock android experience you will love OxygenOS, it's light, customizable and secure (encryption is enabled by default).
Finally, this device has great third-party developer support, this is a great plus because sooner or later it will lose official support but the third party developers will keep the software updated (think in CyanogenMod A.K.A. LineageOS).
Conclusion: This devices is great for money, it's has a top notch hardware and a lightweight software, combining those 2 things you will have 0 lag experience something you won't find in heavily changed android skins (like LG or Samsung).