Top positive review
Great monitor but read this before you buy!
April 8, 2019
This is a great monitor at a great price. Ok now that i have got that out of the way do your research into what g-sync really is. When I ordered this monitor I was under the impression that this monitor would fix all my screen tearing issues and latency issues. It did kind of. G-Sync settings can be quite a pain to get configured correctly and you may thing you are using G-Sync when you are really not.
How to use:
1. In every game you need to set the max frame rate to the max refresh rate of your monitor minus 1 or 2. (ex. 60hz -1 = 59 max fps in game). This will ensure that your game never exceeds the max refresh rate of your monitor, if it does NVIDIA control panel ((V-Sync)) will be enabled which greatly increases lag.
2. Turn off ((V-Sync)) in game. You do not need in game ((V-Sync)) enabled when you have G-Sync enabled. Leave it enabled in the Nvidia control panel! Dont ask why this is a thing, just do as I say.
3. You must use display-port. G-Sync only works on display-port there is no way around it. Also if the included cable is not long enough you must order a high quality display port cable of a longer length. Do NOT cheap out!!! Spend like 15-25 dollars on a nice longer one.
4. Make sure G-Sync is enabled in the Nvidia control panel. You can test to see if it's working with their pendulum test program you can download for free from the Nvidia website.
5. There is no G-Sync light on this monitor. (Just a heads up for noobs like my self)
Thats it. I wish I would have known this when I bought this monitor and I hope I helped at least one person out.