Top positive review
Very pleased so far; Cricket-compatible, great camera, great price!
Reviewed in the United States on February 27, 2017
Very pleased... I'd never heard of ZTE but opted to go this route as a replacement for my much more expensive Samsung Galaxy S6 (very problematic with 3 warranty replacements in 12 months). The two features that swung me to the Blade were the price and the dual 13mp lenses and after a weekend playing around with it I am pleased. It is easily better than the Galaxy S6 at less than half the price. Early comments:
- Photos are very crisp and I like the bokeh and imaging features so far.
- Works perfectly on the Cricket network.
- Fully-charged it has lasted a full day with normal use; when I plugged it in last night it had ~50% charge remaining. Fast charging is on par with the rapid charging I'm accustomed to (though I didn't time it...).
Feedback on other reviews I read before purchasing:
- Speaker volume was noted as weak by some but this has not been an issue for me, although I primarily use bluetooth headphones or speakers in lieu of using the phone speakers.
- Crumbs getting in the texture on the back? I can't fathom how that would happen as the texture is mostly smooth.
- I have no issues with a 15 minute timeout on Strava workouts or Spotify; I did adjust power settings to turn off any power saving settings for these apps; not sure if that helped but I'm not having issues regardless.
Things to know:
- The charger is a USB-C, not the micro USB that had been standard on Android, Kindle, etc. I missed this when I purchased it so will be picking up a couple of type C cords here on Amazon for the car and office.
- You may need to get the case from ZTE (available for purchase from Amazon) as I couldn't find many after-market cases.
- I didn't like the default keyboard at all as getting to special characters was a pain but it was easy to change keyboards.