Top positive review
but the microphone was terrible for talking
Reviewed in the United States on February 4, 2018
Review as of 2-4-18. I ordered a pair of Stealth 700 headphones at the end of December and they were ok, but the microphone was terrible for talking. I sent the pair that I bought in December back to Amazon. I then bought a pair of rig 800lx from BB and they were even worse then the stealth 700's as they did not hold a connection at all. I bought another pair of stealth 700's to give them another shot as of 1-30-18. The headphones work great, the mic is great now, but the headband is a little tight to wear for long periods of time. To be fair for the headset I do have a big head.
Here is how I got my headset to work the correct way so that all can enjoy the stealth 700's. Follow the steps exactly.
1. Unbox the stealth 700 headset and DO NOT connect them to the xbox one, s, or x yet.
2. Take the micro usb cable and connect the headset to your computer and let windows install the necessary software.
3. Keeping the headset connected to your computer, you will now click on the Turtle Beach Software that was just installed.
4. The software will update the headset to the newest version of the software.
You will now use the following settings below to make this an incredible headset. Use these settings exactly unless otherwise mentioned below.
1. Mic monitor level will be set all the way up or to the right side of your screen.
2. Tones level will be in the middle level.
3. Voice prompt level will be all the way up or to the right.
4. Audio preset will be set to signature sound (you can change this to your liking)
5. Chat boost needs to be set to on.
6. Active noise canceling or mic gate needs to be set to off. (MUST BE SET TO OFF) This will ensure your mic is clear and your crew will be able to hear you in party chat. This setting is the most important. If this setting is set to on, then you mates will not be able to hear you through the mic, the headset may cut out, and you will not have mic monitoring if it is set to on.
Hope this helps everyone enjoy the stealth 700 series for xbox one from Turtle Beach. The reason I did not give this a 5 out of 5 is because the headband is not very comfortable. The other features such as bluetooth, no cords to controller, no dongle to xbox, and surround sound give this headset a 4 star rating.
On a side note I am using dolby atmos for headphones in the settings. You can purchase dolby atmos for around 14.99 us dollars plus tax.