Top critical review
The Middle Gound
April 5, 2018
I have only recently bought these as to replace my V1 model. The headset is a hit or miss compared to the old one.
- The audio jacks actually have a band of color on the main part instead of just the jack (small thing but hey).
- The headset itself is lighter, the V1 I had to make custom pads to the headset stayed on my ears rather than around my jaw. The headband is made from metal in this one while the V1 was made of plastic which tended to break on one side (only had this happen once).
- It has RGB color lights rather than the nuclear green they came with.
- The cords are shorter, it might be a matter of just a few inches but it is noticeable.
- Unfortunately, everything got lighter, it all feels like cheap plastic rather than an actual product. The cords are lighter but you can tell they are cheaper quality, they also keep their memory, the cords are still all folded up even though they have been straightened. The control box also got lighter and the parts are all plastic, compared to the V1 which would actually hold the cords and made of metal.
I plan on keeping these but as far as I'm concerned, this is my last pair or any product by Razer. All my peripherals are Razer products but they are older items, about 3 or more years old and still work and higher quality. It is a shame that it has downgraded so much, it seems I'll be on the hunt for replacements, hopefully not in the near future.