Top critical review
3.0 out of 5 starsWe Missed You Spyro!
Reviewed in the United States 🇺🇸 on November 29, 2018
First off let me say I had a blast playing this, I'm a huge fan of the originals and I will explain why I gave it three instead of four stars. If you like the originals I highly recommend this as it's the exact same experience only much smoother and better looking.
- The game looks gorgeous if you played the crash nsane trilogy it has similar visuals to that.
- Controls and camera are much smoother than the originals the camera doesn't get stuck all the time
- Nice additions like a map for the level you're playing on and you can click the analog stick and sparx the dragonfly that's with you will point out where the gems are, which greatly helps when your collecting them all.
- When playing as other characters in year of the dragon Bentlys and agent 9's segments are greatly improved from the originals.
- The voice acting and cutscenes are good and fun to watch.
- In year of the dragon there are sections that can get glitchy like the camera getting caught up in a cave that you need to go through when playing as Sgt. Penguin, when playing as him I also had a section where the screen went black and I had to close the game and restart it, it worked after I did this. When playing as Spyro the game crashed on me once. The skateboard races can also be a little glitchy too. None of these completely break the game but they do hamper it.
- Hit detection for the flying levels on all three games can feel off it feels like your missing when you swear your fire breath hit the target.
Ultimately in the end I ended up 100% them all, 120% 100% and 117% to be exact, I very much enjoyed this collection and see myself replaying it again in the near future. Despite the glitches in the third game, which I'm sure will get patched down the road, this is a very good collection where if your a fan of the original Spyro games or platformers in general I highly recommend this!