Top positive review
Great board with everything
Reviewed in the United States on November 21, 2018
Overall, this is a great little board. Lots of features for a future proof rig.
I wanted to replace my current rig, which is still perfectly fine, with something smaller.
- Dual Band Onboard Wifi / Gigabit Lan
- Onboard HDMI 2 / Display Port
- USB 3.1 (Type A and C)
- Aura Sync Headers
- RBG LEDs on the back
- AIO Water Cooler power header
- Plenty of Fan headers
- USB 3.1 Gen1 header
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 header
- UEFI is fast and intuitive
- 4 Sata ports, if you still use that. (I don't)
- Nice ROG logo on boot (if you can see it because it boots up so fast)
- The best part of thing about this board is that it has 2 M.2 slots and I used them both
- The biggest con is that there is only 1 USB 2.0 header. It's a con if you're planning on doing RGB set up in your rig because depending on what you run, you may need more than 1
- I wish there were RGB LEDs on the board heat sinks too like the bigger boards, but it would have mostly be blocked off by a fan.
- Routing the HD Audio, USB 2.0, and Front Panel cables to their headers can be a pain. There's not enough room to go under the graphics card. I had to go on top. It doesn't look as clean but it is what it is.
- For a cleaner look, you can get a right angle adapter for the USB 3 gen 1 header https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07FN1KW81/ or as USB 3 gen 2 to gen 1 adapter https://www.amazon.com/MagiDeal-Front-Panel-Header-Extension/dp/B07FLFWPZJ. I opted for the right angle adapter
- I also used individually braided cables because the 24-pin power was a pain to get in and it was blocking air flow
- Stick to one RGB system. ASUS uses Aura Sync. If you care about syncing all your colors with one software, then buy ASUS Aura Sync components like an ASUS GPU, ASUS AIO Cooler, etc. (I didn't, but I wish I did)
- I used the NZXT internal USB hub to get more USB 2 headers for my RGB set up
- All black is hard to work with, so get lots of lighting help. A LED head lamp should come in handy.
- Magnetized tipped #2 phillips screw driver is a must
Case: NZXT H200i
CPU: i7 9700K
Cooler: NZXT Kraken X52 (Love that infinite mirror look)
GPU: EVGA RTX 2070 (8GB Ram with RGB)
Storage: 2 500GB Samsung EVO 970 NVMe PCIe M.2 (no need for the Pro version when the EVO is just as fast)
RAM: 32GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB DDR4 3200 (overkill, but oh well... it looks cool)
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W G3
What I'll be using this rig for: Shopping on Amazon