Salon Beauty Best Books of the Month Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition $99.99. Limited-time offer. All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 4, 2012
A perfect fit for the iPhone 5, this case is remarkably simple. Its a rugged plastic shell with a soft interior and a plain leather exterior. The leather is unvarnished. Though the pictures make it look like swede it is simple brown leather. It looks great but I can imagine over time it will absorb oils and sweat and become more attractive. A nice natural counterpoint to the precision technology of the iPhone 5.

UPDATE:
I purchased this case fairly early on and it developed a fantastic, rich brown patina...but... the early models had a thin strip that ran along the face of the device above the mute and volume controls. After 6 months or so it got nasty from wear and tear. I'm happy to see that they modified the design and eliminated that tiny strip leaving a nice notch for those controls. Much better design, I bought a new one and now have to wait another 6 months before I get back to that nice patina.

Worth the wait.

2nd UPDATE:
The new model I purchased in March has some sort of sealant on the leather. The first developed a beautiful, rich patina over a couple of months that just got more rich with time. The new one has stayed the same color (a sort of artificial looking brownish-orange). None of the richness or charm of real leather. Whatever they did to "improve" the leather has lost what I found appealing.

I lowered my rating from 5 star to 3.
on November 23, 2013
This case is awesome. For $10, I was expecting a gamble on cheap piece of junk - but it's not at all and the pictures don't do it justice. It's basically a thin plastic-shell case with a paper-thin layer of grey felt on the inside, thin layer of real leather on the outside, and the lip edges are sealed with a brown leather-colored cement that creates a clean edge. The front lip is raised, so it keeps the screen off the table when face-down. I've had the case for 3 weeks and everyone asks me where I got it. The back scuffs occasionally (like a leather shoe would) but they rub out over time (like a leather shoe would..) and give it a lot of character. Functionally good protection and better grip than bare phone.
on October 4, 2013
I've been searching for a leather case that doesn't cover the front. Most leather cases are "wallet cases" or pouches so I was pleased to find a vintage brown leather case that was only for the back portion. The look and feel of the case is really nice. I've received tons of compliments about it. Only downside is the bottom portion overhangs with a certain thickness that doesn't allow it to be docked on my kickstarter dock nor dock onto one of my external battery packs. Other than that I have no issues.
on February 13, 2013
I do not think this is real leather. I have no "special training" however the product is cheap and if it were real leather I'd be suprised. I had a real leather case before and it was MUCH different. The product fits well but feels very CHEAP! I do not feel comfortable saying this is a "quality product" and I think the description was a bit misleading. This is my opinion though- if I could make the purchase over I would rather try a different product.
on September 1, 2013
The case adds an extra 0.6cm to your phone's width, that's about a 10% increase, so no this is not ultra slim. The leather scratches and stains really easily - this is fine if you're looking for the authentic worn-in look after less than a week. You don't have to go far to get the worn-in look, just holding it with your fingernails will do the trick easily. What bugs me most about this case is how the lining comes off after less than 2 weeks. Apart from that, the case does fit properly.
on January 10, 2013
This is an understated cover for the iPhone 5 -- with the touch of elegance only available from leather. I gave it as a gift, and it fulfilled my hopes to make a truly unique and expressive statement without saying a word. :) This is a good product for the price, and is more affordable than the options offered by any of the cellular service providers.
on February 11, 2013
When I read other reviews, I was worried that the fit would be off, but after snapping it on, the case fits well and feels nice. It gives the phone a really nice classy look. The only knock on this case is the fact that it's very susceptible to scratches. More so than other leather cases I tried.
on April 15, 2013
Almost perfect case, my only concernet, is that doesnt protect de screen, I say, is too thin that have no extra border to overpass the screen level. Bat all the rest it's the best. I reccomend, but take care with the falls with the screen down, my only concern, Ah and the volume button are king of hard to use with this case
on April 26, 2013
It's sleek and stays out of the way. Easy on and off and it's felt-lined inside. Full access to headphone jack and power input, which was important. It's says it's real leather, and it does look good. Hopefully it wears nicely and develops a nice patina. I can't wait for it to get scuffed up...
on January 10, 2015
It lasted a month and then the leather began to darken and the hot glue adhering it to the plastic housing began coming loose. It was a pretty decent price though

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.