Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 STEM March Birthstone Shop Popular Services animestrike animestrike animestrike  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM
How do I safely stop / eject the drive from my p.c.? When I ask to stop the drive, I get a message "can't be stopped now. Try again later'.
asked by Bruce I. on July 31, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I have never use the "safely remove drive from pc" function. I just unplug it, and no data is lost or corrupt. My previous drives are still working fine. It may not be the right answer but is one that has worked for years without issues
Hernando J. Sanchez answered on July 31, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Simple, just go to my PC, select the hard drive, at the top of the screen you will find the eject option, select that one, and ready
Erick answered on July 31, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
make sure all your programs that pertain to your workings of the hard drive are closed and nothing is running. sometimes it takes a little while but it works for me. i've unplugged the hard drive without waiting at times and never lost anything. don't recommend it though.
LANLINE answered on July 31, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I make sure that all the programs are closed then I eject it. I've never had a problem with ejecting my harddrive.
Carla answered on July 31, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Howdy Bruce! The best way we've found is make sure you have no files open on the drive and simply LEFT-CLICK on the remove drive icon in system tray, then LEFT-CLICK on the drive(s) and it should 'disappear' without any problem. Don't right-click, always left-click!
Bali Hai Batman answered on November 29, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I log off and then I log in ,it's safe to eject...... other hard drives ,Seagate , WD, give message "Try again later" very rarely.
K. D.. Johnson answered on June 26, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product