Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating PSFF17_gno
Customer Discussions > Sofia's Dream forum

How old should children be when you talk about the environment?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 7, 2010, 6:00:08 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2011, 10:41:58 AM PDT]

Posted on Nov 7, 2010, 6:02:08 AM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Mar 14, 2011, 10:41:58 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 14, 2010, 3:56:34 PM PST
I agree - I think there is something truly exceptional to his approach in this book. He does a nice job of balancing concern with telling a beautiful and uplifting story at the same time which makes you want to step up and make a difference!

Posted on Nov 14, 2010, 10:59:46 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2010, 11:07:47 PM PST
Land Wilson says:
Go with your gut feeling. Talk about environmental issues when it feels right and when there is an opening. If you are walking along a creek, a river, a lake or a beach and you want to set a good example to your child by picking up a few pieces of garbage, this is an opportunity to discuss the irresponsible use of plastic. Once your child reaches elementary school, they will learn what the problems are. Before teaching my children about environmental issues, it was a priority for me to first get my kids to love nature by experiencing it as much as possible. If they love nature, when they begin learning about environmental issues, they are more likely to develop stronger feelings of stewardship. ~ Land Wilson

Posted on Jan 31, 2011, 9:46:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 31, 2011, 9:46:32 PM PST]

Posted on Jan 31, 2011, 10:35:20 PM PST
Land Wilson says:
Dear Sally,
Thank you so much for sharing this. I really appreciate hearing your kind comments. I hope your child enjoys it! All my best. ~Land

Jan. 31, 2011 9:46 PM PST Sally Iorillo says:
I just bought the book, Sofia's Dream, and I think it's the perfect way to show your children how to care for the environment, instead of actually telling them outright, which could be scary. Its a wonderful book, Land, and I look forward to sharing it with my child. I don't think you're ever to young to be taught to be mindful of anything, especially our environment.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Sofia's Dream forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 7, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 31, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Sofia's Dream
Sofia's Dream by Land Wilson (Hardcover - November 30, 2010)
4.6 out of 5 stars (37)