Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 246 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 501 reviews
on February 27, 2016
Rides smooth, and the 3 speed is equipped with coaster brakes, which are preferable (safer, never wear out brake pads) than calipers. Only mechanical drawback is that the three speed range is limited - in flat Florida, the hardest gear is usually preferable for covering ground - the hard gear on this bike is more like a moderate/middle grade. Even for climbing small hills it is not difficult in this highest gear. The delivery was 2 days from ordering - fabulous. I bought through Amazon Warehouse. The descriptor stated "extensive cosmetic damage on the top post, 10% or more...". I was pleasantly surprised to get a bike that was cosmetically perfect; all protective wrappings intact- but the box was a bit trashed. No problem - throwing the box away. I minused two stars for the above echanical issues as well as the following reasons: first of all, while the construction instructions were excellent, the fender assembly is difficult, partly because of an undersized washer - use a bigger one, or risk 20 minutes of frustration attempting to make the tiny one included do a big job. The rear fender tab was bent at a 90 degree angle - totally wrong, compared to the depicted instruction. Looks like a factory mistooling, and needs to be corrected, since it requires careful plier bending to prevent breaking the thin tab metal. Other construction issue - and very important to safety the seat has a metal collar to a metal post - always going to loosen up without some type of liner washer or rubber collar. No matter how much you tighten it, it still swivels loose.
Finally (and shame on you, Sixthreezero Enterprises!) there is a paper insert that promises a free bike basket for a five star review on the product, upon notifying the company of your posted review. The product is pretty good, and Sixthreezero should not stoop to bribing the consumer for a dishonest review. A four star review drops to 3 stars, since my bike purchase was based on ratings that were clearly bought.
55 comments| 92 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 13, 2014
Beautiful bike!!! Very easy to assemble (I am a 61 year old female and had no problems). I wd recommend this bike for anyone!
on January 27, 2016
The most beautiful bike in the world! My teal 3-speed cruiser bike from SixThreeZero is gorgeous in every way! Right out of the box, I got a little teary eyed since it was hard to tell from pics on the internet exactly what color teal it would be, but it turns out to be the most buttery, yummy, turquoise, teal, shiny, vibrant, sexy and pretty color ever. I cannot stop looking at her. It took me an hour to assemble, tops - super user friendly with a few tools most people ought to have around the house anyway and the easy to follow manual with the forward from Marco the Mechanic, having a good sense of humor. The brown leather handle bars and saddle are of great quality and nice, warm tone with opportunity for patina. The stitching on the handle bars is handsome. The gears and other hardware are top notch. The tires are strong. The bike came securely packed in cardboard protectors and bubble wrap with a minimal amount of styrofoam. Very easy to unpack and sort out and assemble and recycle most of the packaging. I am just thrilled with my new bike! I got one for my boyfriend and cannot wait for it to come this week so we can hit the streets with our bikes and have fun! Exercise, fun and being stylish all wrapped into one!
on July 13, 2017
I love my new bike! It's heavy duty, very well made, strong. Does NOT feel hollow like my old Schwin. I don't feel like I'm gonna break it or topple off of it. Super easy to put together (and I am AWFUL at assembling anything, yet I was able to do it in about an hour.) The worst part to assemble was the seat for me, only because you got to really tighten those bolts or it'll fall down with your weight. The bike looks great, shifts extremely smoothly and is just awesome. I am very happy I took a chance and bought it online. Great bike!

Update: 7/18/17
After riding it a few times I have found one cheap part or thing to complain about. The PEDALS. They are not one piece, in fact they are several pieces that fit together. Because of this, I find if I step too hard on one part of the pedal, they just pop out of place and aren't usable. Really stinks because I sort of need that to get up some hills. I'm thinking of replacing these for something that is all one piece eventually and just being careful for now. So because of this annoying bit I have lowered my rating to 4 stars, though 4.5 would really be fair.
on October 2, 2014
Very nice bike, looks the business, wife says its "cute". I'm not a bike tech, but I've always worked on all my mountain bikes. The assembly instructions were a little vague/non-existent past the handle bars/seat mounting, even in perfect english. The instructions for the mounting the fenders to the rear axle were moot as this bike has specific mounting holes. After guessing which bolts in the unlabelled bag of hardware were for the fenders, it was a little easier. Some tips: the chainguard should be mounted to the outside of the mounting bracket above the crank, or else it will rub on the chain, I just ziptied the holes together as you cannot access the mounting hole with the front chain sprocket in the way. The chain tension came too tight, and needs a special thin wrench to adjust if you get the 3-speed model. The vertical bracket on the front fender gets mounted behind the fork using the long screw and some washers. There are no instructions for the reflectors or the two allen bolts I had leftover. Find some socket wrenches to use for assembly as the supplied stamped wrench is painful and awkward to use. If you've ever tinkered with a bike before you'll be fine. Otherwise the bike is solid and fully functional, comes well packaged, and the paint and finish look very nice.
on April 30, 2017
I've had this bike for about a year and ride on average 4-5x per week around town.

Pros: attractive, fairly comfy

Cons: my second gear is sketchy and has been since day one. I was too lazy and disappointed to deal with sending it back for repair or replacement so I figured I'll just pay to have someone look at it this season, but really I shouldn't have to.
Also, the rear fender is tweaked somehow so that if its not adjusted just so it will cause the rear tire to rub against it causing the most infuriating scraping sound that won't stop until you stop and jiggle the fender. It is significantly worse if you are carrying any weight on a rear bike rack. I bought this bike as a commuter bike, so I invested in expensive panniers and a rear rack that I now rarely use because it makes the fender torque even more, which results in THAT SCRAPING SOUND.
On one hand I love this bike, but I think it's because I just love having and riding a bike again, after not really riding much since I was a teen. On the other hand if I were buying this year instead, knowing what I now know which is that I definitely using the bike a lot, I would probably not buy this again but instead spend the extra money on a really reliable brand like Trek.
on November 9, 2014
This was a very disappointing purchase so far (I am in mid-assembly). This is my third bicycle purchase in Ten years and I just assembled a Firmstrong Bike a week ago that went together flawlessly.
The instructions regarding the mounting of the fenders is not accurate. After resolving the disparity between the bike and the instructions, I was able to figure out how to connect the braces to the frame using the mounting holes (which are shown in the instructions but not referred to).
Of these six holes however, one was not tapped at the factory. This fact required a special trip out to Lowes for some extra hardware.
Another disappointment is the mounting of the seat to the post. There is very little margin between getting the seat secured and stripping the bolt. You can put a lot of torque on this bolt and still have some slop in the seat. The instructions state the wrong tool in several locations i.e. they call for a 14mm wrench when the bolt is 13mm etc.
All in all, I can't recommend this bicycle. To be honest, if it were a bit easier to pack back up I would send it right back. Save yourself a few bucks and opt for the better and cheaper Firmstrong.
on May 9, 2016
This is such a cute bike and the style is classic. Beyond that, it rides very smoothly and I love that it has a few speeds. Living in Seattle with all the hills you need it but the style lets me feel more relaxed when riding around. The seat and handle bars are made from a soft brown leather that are both very comfortable.

Putting it together took about an hour from start to finish but probably could have been done quicker without a curious dog in the way. Pretty easy to do and it was packaged so carefully there wasn't a single scratch.

It's been a while since riding a beach cruiser and I didn't remember how wide you really need to make turns. On tight turns my feet skid across the front tire.

Overall I am very happy with the bike and would recommend it if it's within your budget. the only reason I didn't give all 5 stars was that it was missing a part to attach the front fender.
on January 10, 2015
I bought this bike as a gift for my mother. It's a beautiful bike and appears to be good quality. I bought this based on other Amazon reviews. The only reason I didn't give it 5 stars is because the hardware for mounting the fenders is cheap and I couldn't get some of the screws to go into the threaded frame mounts. Not a big deal if you are handy, but would have been frustrating for some.
on May 21, 2015
My husband bought me this bike for Christmas, I absolutely love it. I loved the simple vintage look it had and it comes in great color options. I have two little ones and this bike was perfect for our evening bike rides and also does really well pulling a bike trailer behind it. My husband did his research and this bike is definitely the most bang for your buck when it comes to beach cruisers. It's a quality bike that I'll have for a really long time. Sixthreezero has phenomenal customer service as well, I have had questions and they have always responded quickly as well as followed up with me TWICE about how my bike was running. I recommend this beach cruiser not only for the great product but exceptional customer service is hard to come by anymore. I know I will always be taken care of purchasing through this company.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.