Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Britney Spears Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Thr3e forum

so, what did you think?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 2, 2007 11:02:20 AM PST
i have to say that i am a hard core Dekker fan, and when i heard that thr3e was being made into a movie i freeaked out. i whent and saw it, and have to say that for a christion movie (you know the kind, low budget preaching crap most of the time) this movie was actually really good. not great, but really good. the acting needed a little work, but the script was of the hieghest standard and they didn't shy away from the action and killing like most movies like this seem to do.

the only real problems i had was some of the acting, the shying away from saying at least mild cuss words (the kid that wants to kill Keven calls him a snich and tatletale), and the was not as good as it was in the book.

overall a good movie, what do you all think?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2007 3:38:07 PM PDT
the curse word substitutes in the book were really bad too...("I'll kill her you perverted little brat" and "meat maggot" to name a couple). I havent seen the movie, but I read the book and the book was so bad Im not going anywhere near the movie.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2008 7:42:22 PM PDT
C. Schultz says:
I just finished the book, and I didn't notice the cuss word substitutes. That's so funny. I wish I had read your post earlier so I would have caught them.

Posted on Feb 6, 2012 3:21:20 PM PST
Jason Brown says:
Honestly, compared to the majority of how Christian fiction goes, phrases like that would seem pretty edgy, and to some audiences (the overly conservative), maybe even graphic. Aside from that, I thought the movie was terrible. After I read the Left Behind series (before the 3 prequels came out), I wanted something else, but knew I didn't want to constantly read end times book, so I was glad when I heard of Ted, then his breakout book. Read it, and was stunned that a CHRISTIAN could come up with gripping substance and suspense. Heard of the movie, was hoping for the same kind of stuff. My hopes fell flat. Not even an unrated version to have all the stuff the book had that made it great. I was hopelessly offended at how independent the movie looked and felt for being produced by Hollywood. But what can we do? Ted didn't have much hand in helping out with this project, which seems too bad if you ask me.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Thr3e forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Feb 2, 2007
Latest post:  Feb 6, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Thr3e
Thr3e by Marc Blucas (DVD - 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars (62)