Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Shawn Colvin All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno



on September 17, 2016
I was wondering how would have been to read this book in the original language. It has been tough but indeed worth it to read.

Marquez crate a chain of events that make the reader willing to read a little more so that you don't feel the pages flow under your fingers but it makes you feel the story like we were watching a movie printed on pages.

Even without knowing all of the immense numbers of adjectives (Spanish is not my first language) which enrich every single pages, Marquez style of writing makes you understand anyway the profound essence of his sentences.

The author dedicate profound description even to the characters that don't play a main role, making them part of the whole picture, without whom it would not look so great.

Pages are pregnant of symbolisms and hidden meanings. Colors, characters, animals, objects are there for a reason, not just as embellishment.

This is a remarkable master piece, as few in the modern literature. Make your self a favor and read it.
0Comment| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 22, 2014
El libro es de tapa blanda,con paginas de buen material, la impresion es impecable,
En esta novela se describe el nacimiento de un pueblo imaginario en Colombia y la historia de las siete generaciones de la familia Buendia. Sus sueños, amores, fantasias, incestos, miedos, son descritos por la magnifica pluma del autor.
Los personajes son bien logrados, asi como el desarrollo de la historia en si, escrita en una magnifica prosa..
Son tantos los personajes y sus nombres tan parecidos que es recomendable tener el arbol genealogico de la familia Buendia, para poder ubicarte y asimilar mejor la novela. En wikipedia u otros sitios lo puedes imprimir.
0Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on February 17, 2016
Sin duda la mejor novela latinoamericana que existe. No es para cualquier lector. Requiere conocimientos acerca de la cultura sudamericana y su política. Siete generaciones de la familia Buendía con sus pasiones, aficiones y deseos y de como se formó el pueblo de Macondo y como decayó. Tiene varios giros de trama excelentes y es completamente impredecible. Cada cierta cantidad de páginas cambia de protagonistas por lo que en ese sentido es algo coral. La recomiendo a mil.

Él libro vino en perfectas condiciones.
0Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 7, 2016
Maravillosa. No soy experta en literatura. Solo se que me gusta leer y lo que me gusta me gusta. Una obra muy poética, sobre una familia única. No me imagino entrando a esa casa tan sucia y desordenada, pero creo entender la metáfora.
0Comment| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 4, 2014
This was my second time reading this book, and I am enjoying it as much as I did the first time, in some ways more because its easier to remember who the characters are and I am more able to take in the symbolism, the beautiful images of ice and butterflies. Spanish is a second language for me, so the Kindle edition is convenient because I can automatically look up words that I don't know the meaning of. Of course the book is wonderful, its proven its greatness over time. The Kindle addition lacks a family tree diagram which my printed addition had, and the only bad thing about the book is that it is difficult to remember who's begotten whom.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on December 19, 2017
Todo es magia en el relato, te obliga a tener que recordar toda la genealogía Buendía para entenderlo mejor, pero al fin te refleja una terrible soledad e infortunio de todos los personajes.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 12, 2014
Incredible imagination to write this fantasy/reality story. Confusing at times for the male names are repeated over and over through the generations: too many Arcadios and Aurelianos. Very engaging at the beginning. Later on I thought it was dragging on. I do not want to go into the plot for fear of spoiling it for other readers. No doubt Gabriel García Marquez was a creative genius. If you are grabbed by his fantasy, you will probably enjoy this book very much. I am not a lover of fantasies.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 22, 2017
I waited for a long time to read this book that many people had recommended to me and I have to say my expectations were high. Enough to say that this book is not "my cup of tea".
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 4, 2016
el libro es muy bueno, te atrapa al principio, pero a mi entender y a mi gusto se vuelve un poco monótono, algo así como siempre la misma melodía que va y viene en una ópera de cinco actos larga y extensa. Sin embargo es un muy buen libro, creo quizás me desilusioné un poco por lo tan famoso que es. No sé, esperaba mucho más. No creo sea la obra cumbre de la literatura, pero es un muy buen libro. ¿Excelente? Sí, puede ser que lo sea, pero no la obra cumbre de la literatura como lo suelen vender.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on July 18, 2015
I've been learning spanish for 8+ years, and always love an opportunity to strengthen my skills, be it reading, writing or speaking. I had heard of this book in passing and decided to check it out from my university library. Marquez is a great storyteller. I can't read in spanish as fast as I can in english, and the writing style of this book is advanced and sophisticated, which is what led me to eventually purchase the book from Amazon. The book arrived promptly (2 day Prime shipping).
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse