Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
I have speaker wire already in my walls. Is it okay to use these wires or do I have to use what comes with it.
asked by Kevin K. on December 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I install for a living... there is nothing wrong with either way, wire that comes with is rated CMR which is fine for in wall use. Though at 100W 16/2 is the best option.
Dano answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use my existing in wall wire setup. Wires provided are not graded for in wall use, FYI.
Lopez answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can use the wires in the walls. I did not use the wires that came with the speakers. I purchased mine and installed when finishing my basement.
Mr. Fescue answered on December 31, 2012

A
My wiring is not in the walls, but we did have existing wire to the speakers we were replacing and we did use that.
Amazon Customer answered on December 31, 2012

A
Yea its compleatly ohk to use the speaker wire you already have. But I would pay attention to the gage wire the onkyo system can handle. Because if you have to thick of speaker wire it won't fit. Plus this is a 7.1 surround sound system if you don't have the 7 speaker wires in you walls your not getting full listing experience.
jimmy farkas answered on December 31, 2012

A
You can use your own..I did anyways. Just so you know I only had my subwoofer for 2 days. Its been months now and its not fixed. The sub is really crappy. It broke twice. I just bought a energy sub and the system now rocks. Just thought you would like to know.
Raj answered on December 31, 2012

A
I would not use the ones that came with the system. cheap wires. I bought new wires but yes I would use the ones already in your walls
harvey emmons answered on December 31, 2012

A
I install for a living... there is nothing wrong with either way, wire that comes with is rated CMR which is fine for in wall use. Though at 100W 16/2 is the best option.
Dano answered on January 3, 2013

A
we bought new speaker wire because we didn't get any with our system. I would buy more because I think we used 100 feet of speaker wire in the basement, for this system. What you have may not be enough.
Jetoml01 answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Im sure that the speaker wires in your walls are of better quality than the ones that are supplied with the unit. usually the ones they send with the unit with what you would call starter wires. i always upgrade my wires with at least 16 gauge name brand wires . Such as monster cable.
M. Heilbrun answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product