Top critical review
31 people found this helpful
worth the money
on October 17, 2012
I think the watch will work well. I will mention a few things that are not apparent from the product description.
1. The wristband is adjustable, but the manual doesn't mention how. Eventually I found a YouTube video that shows how, and it is easy. Since part of the purchase decision was planning to replace the band with a flexible metal one, I don't care. The watch shop told me that putting a metal band on a resin watch case would break the watch case in 6-12 months, in their experience, so I need a metal case. I hope the case is steel, the watch says "stainless steel back", but the product info on Amazon says steel case. When the watch dies - in 7 years - I may take a hacksaw to it and find out.
2. The numbers are small and hard to read. The face in 25 mm high, but only 10 mm is used for the display. The time digits are 5 mm high and the day and date characters are about half that. This is the worst feature of this watch.
3. The manual says to replace the water resistant seal every 2-3 years. Probably less expensive to buy a new watch, so I won't bother.
The good stuff:
1. The EL face lighting makes it easy to read the entire face at night.
2. The watch is slim enough to fit under a shirt sleeve. This is a major benefit since the current style is to make watches quite large and bulky.