Top critical review
170 people found this helpful
A Safe Way for you to take your kids riding
on November 16, 2006
I have been looking for a way to take my 2 1/2 year old riding with me. The salesperson at my local bike store refused to sell me a back mounted infant seat because they are so dangerous. I don't want a trailer which are safe, but I enjoy riding the many fire trails by our house.
So this was a great fit.
1) easy to attach- I also switched screws and bolt from the front/back attachment as the seatpost of my TREK needed the bolts from the front attachment.
2) comfortable ride- my daughter is very comfortable and the center of gravity is outstanding... I don't feel unsafe on the bike
3) Easy to remove- there is a screw that once you unscrew it you can take the chair off and you can ride normally.
1) The seat belt system stinks- It is really bad and not very safe.
2) Going up hill is tough- definitely be in shape for those uphills, more then 2x as tough...but it is a great workout
3) You can't use clipped pedals- because you have to splay your legs a little to pedal, clipped pedals are not feasable
Again, My daughter is comfortable (she's 35 inches tall) but in about 3-6 months she will be too tall for this chair... but for now we are having a blast!