Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
Fantastic All-Around Boot
on September 27, 2013
I love these boots!
1) They had to be comfortable for all-day wear. - Comfortable from the minute I put them on, until I take them off after work.
2) They had to be warm for winter. - Very warm, but comfortably so. They are fur-lined all the way to the toes, but a nice pad on the heel without fur.
3) They had to have good traction. - What's the point of a good cold weather boot if you are going to fall on your face like you're wearing pumps? Traction is fantastic.
4) They had to be appealing. - They look nice over skinny-legged pants, or under wider pants.
5) They had to work in bad weather without my feet looking like I'm wearing men's shoes. - Even though the they have some serious rubber on the bottom, I find the shape to still be appealing and curved enough to be considered feminine.
6) They had to not wear out too quickly. - I'm tired of wearing holes in my boots because the softer materials scrape the ground too easily. I find the slightly higher rubber area to be a great remedy for this. If I have future wear issues, I'll be sure to update for you!
7) They had to not break the bank. - I definitely was looking to stay under $100! I find these hit my entire wishlist, and were very affordable.
They also were true to size. I was very happy that this boot came in half sizes, because I'm rarely an 8 and never a 7, but 7 1/2 was PERFECT (I measured my foot according to the size chart, and it seems quite accurate).
UPDATE: July 2016, been wearing these for years now, and they are still fantastic! There is some normal wear on the suede around the toes, but that is to be expected. I expect these to last me for many more years to come, as the stitching and soles are holding up very well with repeated use.