Top critical review
2 people found this helpful
Summer Shoe - Mostly What I Expected
on August 27, 2015
I just received these shoes, but I can easily provide some feedback regarding my observations. I purchased these shoes as a nice summer shoe that could crossover between casual and casual dress. As a pre-qualifier, I ordered these shoes in tan/sand, I did not order these shoes from Amazon, I ordered these shoes in 11 1/2 and I got these shoes at a reduced rate.
1. As mentioned, I ordered these shoes in the tan/sand color. The color was as expected. I have not had the opportunity, but I plan to wear these shoes with jeans (already done) and dress them up a little with khakis.
2. I ordered the shoes 1/2 size larger based on reviews I had read. The shoe is very narrow and the upsizing was a wise (and necessary) decision.
3, The shoe comes with 2 sets of laces. 1 set of leather laces (or faux leather) and another set of stiff fabric laces. I am not a fan of either laces and I might look to replace them.
4. The shoe itself is very stiff. I expected a more supple fabric, but the fabric is hard and requires a break-in period for the shoes. The heel is creating some hotspots (areas of rubbing that could produce blisters). I hope to be able to break them in for wear without socks, but (out of the box) that is not an option.
5. The sole is what I would call minimalist. The sole is thin and definitely allows for a decent amount of ground feel. The interior of the shoe includes an insole that covers from the heel through the midfoot. The insole (non-removable) provides a little added cushioning in the heel. The sole does have a heel to toe offset (higher heel than toe), but I am uncertain what the off-set is. I would definitely not call the shoes comfortable. It's more about getting used to them than it is about comfort.
6. I wore the shoes to work the first day and have already received a compliment.
7. I cannot speak the durability of the shoes as I have not had them long enough.
All-in-all, I like the shoes. They are basically what I expected. I am hopeful that (after some break-in) that these shoes will become a more enjoyable shoe in my summer shoe rotation.