Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
can I hook up yje hdmi cable to my tv but the other out puti for my surroud sound I have the sb390 blue ray player but not hooked up yet Lee
[UPDATED] asked by emerson on February 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
I have the RCA output jacks hooked up to a stereo and that works fine (but audio still goes to the TV via the HDMI cable).
Douglas B. Jose answered on February 28, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The player has an HDMI output. It also has composites. So hook your composite audio to your surround sound.
RadBean answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My TV only has a DVI connection and no HDMI connection so I use and HDMI cable with an HDMI/DVI adapter to hook up TV. I then use two RCA audio cables for sound. If your surround sounds uses RCA cables for input, you should be okay. It all depends on what format of input it will take. It does have a digital audio output port that looks like it takes an RCA cable. I would assume it works it the two RCA audio ports work.
Grant Hale answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think you want the tv, blu-ray and surround sound all hooked up together? You should be able to use the hdmi between the blu-ray to the tv which will give you the 1080 picture, then either a digital (optical) audio cord or a coaxial audio cable (orange) from the tv to the surround sound. If your TV has a second hdmi port and your surround has a hdmi port as well, just use a second hdmi cord.
Mary_ answered on February 28, 2013
Comments (2) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think so but you would only be getting your surround sound system's sound when playing your blu ray player. Therefore you would still be using your TV's speakers for everything else. If that is what you want, I think that it will work.
J. Bridger answered on March 1, 2013
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
depends more on your sound system than the blu-ray. as long as your sound system has the proper inputs/outputs, it should accomodate the blu-ray player. i have my blu-ray, roku, and tv running into a sound bar via 2 hdmi cables & an optical cable, then back to the tv via an hdmi cable. your sound system probably has a similar set up.
L. Deutschendorf answered on March 4, 2013
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product