Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 48 reviews
on January 16, 2014
"Uhm, yeah. A little." - 20 year old's reply.

Well, I did. I bought a Flo Rida CD and I must say, I am not disappointed. You see, I learned years ago, that when one of my kids tells me: "Hey, Mom, listen to this..." that I should just shut up and listen. Why, without them, I never would have found Bowling for Soup, Say Anything..., Panic! at the Disco, Steam Powered Giraffe, 3oh!3, and eventually- Flo Rida.

I chose this particular CD because of the song "Right Round". You see, two of my three kids are girls and there's a prerequisite when you're a young, early-20s female and that is you must love the movie "Pitch Perfect". So, whenever it comes on cable, it is usually being watched. Especially during winter break because the 20 year old is home from college.

I heard a familiar sound from my childhood- well, not childhood so much as my teen years- but it was infinitely better than the teen-years version. "Is that... 'Right Round'?" I asked.

"Yes, Mom, it is." was the reply with an eye roll because how dare I inquire something during a moment in the movie when a cute boy is singing!

Through a Google search a few days later, I learned that the cute boy in that movie was singing THIS version of "Right Round" and not the version I heard back when I was in high school. (you remember the 80s, right? We only had a few dinosaurs left on earth and they were revered as royalty). I came to Amazon to download just the one song and I discovered it was part of an entire album.

"Well, alright then..."

So, I bought the entire album, sent off that text to my kid- who was back at college doing college things. I was told in a followup text that I'm once again considered "the cool mom" because apparently, no other mom known to the kids at that particular college would ever buy a Flo Rida CD and actually enjoy it. In fact, one girl is quoted as saying: "My dad calls him Florida, you know, like the state." Yes, I do know, unnamed friend of my youngest child. I certainly do know.

Expand your horizons, parents. You might enjoy the music. I know I do.
on October 20, 2016
great seller - great price - great disc. i thought this would be at least as good as; if not better than mail on Sunday.
a few great songs, but the rest are not as good to my taste.
i think i like wild ones at least as much as this one, if not better
never heard only one Flo
3 stars for r.o.o.t.s (average - not terrible, not great)
mail on Sunday 4.25 stars. wild ones 3.25
on August 8, 2017
After buying one other CD from this artist. I decided to purchase the other CD. It was as the first one...ending liking all the songs -or at least most of them. He is not shouting/yelling type, so I can actually understand the words :)
on May 11, 2016
This is just a rap album. It's not the hip hop that Flo Rida is known for. You probably want the album Wild Ones if you want a disc of what you have heard before.
on July 21, 2015
I wasn't really sure I'd like this music. It really grew on me and expanded my horizons.
on September 15, 2016
I love the energy in this music! This is a great addition to any workout!
on March 8, 2017
love it
on December 5, 2016
Great mix with Nelli
on April 9, 2010
I only bought this CD for one song; Right Round! I love it. Ever since I saw The Hangover, I had wondered what the name of this song was, and when I finally found it, I had to buy this. I'll eventually listen to more of Flo Rida's songs, but right now, Right Round is my absolute favorite! I highly recommend R.O.O.T.S. (ROUTE OF OVERCOMING THE STRUGGLE)!!!
on November 22, 2010
I purchased this CD after hearing "Right Round" on the satellite radio station at work. I love this CD. It is definitely his best to come. I love it, even a true gangsta (Mr. Hard Core) such as my boy friend loved it. There are some really heart felt songs on this album. I recommend it to all such parties!!!