Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 29, 2009 8:52:02 AM PDT
D. Matis says:
I really enjoyed reading the forgotten legion, loved the main characters, the plot, suspense and the history. can anyone recommend any other historical fiction thrillers written in the same style?

Posted on Jun 4, 2009 12:23:25 AM PDT
Ben Kane says:
Hi there - thanks for your kind words; it's great to know that you enjoyed The Forgotten Legion so much. For a similar vein of book, try Simon Scarrow's Eagle series about two centurions who take part in the invasion of Britain in 44 AD. I think eight have now been published, and they're excellent. Or Steven Pressfield's Gates of Fire about the amazing battle of the 300 Spartans against the Persians at Thermopylae.
Best wishes
Ben Kane

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2009 8:23:22 AM PDT
karla D says:
Hey thanks a lot! I'll definitely check them out.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 11, 2009 12:34:27 AM PST
Andre 2015 says:
David, you're so right. Ben Kane's novel is terrific. Since I am a huge fan of Steven Pressfield's writing I would of course agree with Ben on Gates of Fire but also suggest any other of his (historical fiction) novels - even the latest, Killing Rommel - although that one is a WWII story. I don't know of anybody who is so close to the real thing in fiction writing. His stories will stay with you for a long time. They go deep.
ANother great book is The Eagle and The Raven by Pauline Gedge. It is well researched and full of adventure with marvelous characters and a great storyline.
Best wishes.
André

Posted on May 5, 2010 8:57:12 PM PDT
Jeffrey Benn says:
Any word on if this is going to hit Kindle?

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2010 1:30:32 AM PDT
Ben Kane says:
Hi Jeffrey - it should already be. For some reason, it's just a bit hard to find.
The Forgotten Legion
Best wishes and I hope you enjoy it.
Ben Kane

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2010 7:26:48 AM PDT
Jeffrey Benn says:
Hey Ben -

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, Amazon tells me that your book is unavailable on Kindle in the United States, so it appears to be region limited. Do you know if this is going to be addressed sometime in the future?

In reply to an earlier post on May 6, 2010 1:14:56 PM PDT
Ben Kane says:
Hi Jeffrey
Errmm, no, I'm afraid I don't. I'll email my editor and try to find out for you.
Best wishes
Ben

Posted on May 13, 2010 2:57:03 AM PDT
Ben Kane says:
Hi Jeffrey
Sorry about the delay. The reason I can see the book as available on Kindle is apparently because Amazon.com recognises that I'm logging on from the UK. It's not available in the USA because St. Martin's Press, my US publishers, didn't buy the digital rights from my UK publishers. It's all very complicated! It will be available sometime, but I don't know when. You could try buying it from Amazon.co.uk...if that works. Apologies it's not easier for you.

In reply to an earlier post on May 13, 2010 6:42:51 AM PDT
Jeffrey Benn says:
No apologies necessary. Everyone is still trying to iron out the details of the digital distribution model.

I will keep and eye out for it on Kindle in the future. I appreciate your willingness to respond to me directly, to bad I can't get customer service like this in every facet of my life!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2011 7:14:43 AM PST
Ben Kane says:
Hi Jeffrey - in case you are tracking this conversation - I'm delighted to say that all my books will be available in the US very soon on Kindle and other e-book formats. Thanks!

Posted on Aug 9, 2012 8:08:34 AM PDT
Ben Kane says:
Hi Jeffrey - a long delay, and I should have posted here before, but all of my books, bar Hannibal, which hasn't been published yet in the States, are now available on Kindle and other e-reader formats. Thanks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  May 29, 2009
Latest post:  Aug 9, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions