Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning britboxlaunch britboxlaunch britboxlaunch  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite Trade it in. Fund the next. Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Life of Pi forum

Is there a book as good as Life of Pi?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 25, 2009, 1:10:07 PM PDT
C. Look says:
I just finished reading Life of Pi, and loved it! I was so engaged in the story and it made me happy to read it...I loved Pi's character and felt the author really let the reader into his mind and soul. Is there another book I could enjoy as much as this one? I am looking for a new read now!

Posted on Sep 8, 2009, 7:45:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2009, 7:52:45 AM PDT
Ingrid says:
You could try "The Dolphin People" by Torsten Krol. The Dolphin People

Posted on Jan 4, 2010, 10:54:16 AM PST
A. Baron says:
Have you read The Baron in the Trees by Italo Calvino? It has a similarly lovable character who lives out a fantastic adventure. The Baron in the Trees

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2010, 3:23:30 PM PST
some dude says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 28, 2011, 7:14:54 AM PDT
Karen Donner says:
I would recommend (as I do at every opportunity) The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon (Link: The Shadow of the Wind )

It's a very different book, though it bears some similarities to Life of Pi: A young male narrator, elements of magic/mysticism and (most importantly) a breathlessly compelling, fluid writing style that drags you into the story and doesn't let go until long after you've finished the book.

Posted on Dec 29, 2011, 8:44:12 AM PST
Mark Pearce says:
How about Don Quixote de la Mancha? Is he a fool or a hero? Are his delusions less true or meaningful than the mundane lives of those around him?

Posted on Feb 2, 2013, 11:46:56 AM PST
Jillian says:
You should maybe try the book he copied from first...Max and the Cats ?

Posted on Apr 16, 2013, 12:23:11 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 16, 2013, 12:25:40 PM PDT
The island was a steal from book that came out 15+ years ago. Written by a well-known author, Scott Smith and its title "The Ruins". The premise was 4 friends go to Central America on Spring Break, someone approaches them about taking a trip to ruins that aren't offered by other tour companies. When they arrive, they are met by hostile Indians, soon, that night, singing comes from the ground (the sign that the vines that are growing will digest their next human).
Edited to add -The Indians weren't really hostile, they meant to frighten the tourists away because they knew they would be eaten as so many of their own had been. They find teeth etc. just like in "The Life of Pi"

Posted on Jul 15, 2013, 11:07:18 PM PDT
Um... any pretentious, annoying, pseudo-literary work of which the plot was actually plagiarized would probably do.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 31, 2013, 3:33:42 PM PDT
Sassa Frass says:
Video, you just insulted all of us.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Life of Pi forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Jul 25, 2009
Latest post:  Oct 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Life of Pi
Life of Pi by Yann Martel (Audio Cassette - December 2, 2002)
4.4 out of 5 stars (6,904)