Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Now
Customer Discussions > The Who At Kilburn: 1977 forum

Wow, there's finally a listing for The Who Live at Kilburn 1977 coming to DVD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 11, 2008 10:13:58 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 11, 2008 10:25:37 AM PDT
bass boy says:
Here are the specs of this WHO DVD from Image Entertainment's Web site:
They are one of the greatest rock and roll bands of all time. For over four decades, they have changed modern music as we know it. But some of their most famous performances have never been released... until now.
On December 15, 1977, The Who performed before a select invited audience at the Gaumont State Theatre in Kilburn, North London, to record a concert for Jeff Stein's film, The Kids Are Alright, which turned out to be one of the last live performances by drummer Keith Moon. Shot in 35mm, this holy grail for fans has been digitally restored and remastered in high-definitiion for the ultimate The Who experience.
This 2-DVD set also includes The Who's powerhouse London Coliseum gig from 1969, a never-before-seen rarity and one of the band's personal favorites.
Take an amazing journey with The Who like you've never seen or heard them before, featuring their greatest hits and hours of incredible footage! It's the rock discovery of the year!
Two incredible concerts - totaling 138 minutes!
Kilburn Songs: "Can't Explain," "Substitute," "Baba O'Reilly (Teenage Wasteland)," "My Wife / Going Mobile," "Behind Blue Eyes," "Dreaming from the Waist," "Pinball Wizard," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," "Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation," "Join Together," "Who Are You?," "Won't Get Fooled Again"

London Coliseum Songs: "Heaven and Hell," "Can't Explain," "Fortune Teller," "Tattoo," "Young Man Blues," "A Quick One While He's Away," "Happy Jack," "I'm a Boy," "I'm Free," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," "See Me, Feel Me," "Summertime Blues," "Shakin' All Over," "My Generation"

Plus 70 minutes of rare Coliseum bonus tracks and extended versions including the first-ever long performance of Tommy: "A Quick One While He's Away," "Overture," "It's a Boy, " "1921," "Amazing Journey," "Christmas," "Acid Queen," "Pinball Wizard," "Do You Think It's Alright," "Fiddle About," "Tommy Can You Hear Me?," "There's a Doctor," "Go to the Mirror," "Smash the Mirror," "Miracle Cure," "Sally Simpson," "Tommy's Holiday Camp," ""I'm Free," "We're Not Gonna Take It"

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2008 9:44:03 AM PDT
Eric Cartman says:
Hey bass boy,
I know. I've seen the posts too all over the web. It's about time they release this. It's not before September like they said, but better late than never. I hope it's an awesome DVD because they've waited so long to release this footage. I hope it's just as good as (if not better than) the Kids Are Alright.
Did you ever see any footage of the Who Live at Houston Summit 1975? That's a very good show. I'm surprised that it isn't available on DVD.
Either way though, I hope this one is great.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 12, 2008 10:39:22 AM PDT
bass boy says:
Hey Eric,

I've seen what little footage of the Houston 1975 show in "Amazing Journey," both in that DVD's main feature and the "Six Quick Ones" bonus disc section. I've heard it's a fantastic show. I will pick it up one day, most definitely. I'm always afraid of buying a boot, for fear that they will release it legally with remastered sound/audio. You can go on and see the trailer for the new Kilburn DVD. It looks really good. Nice camera angles - as good or better than the Shepperton footage, although they say the Shepperton show was musically superior. I don't care though, I'd take a ragged (Entwistle was really drunk, supposedly at Kilburn) Who show over nothing. Also, from what was seen and heard in "Amazing Journey," I'd say that Moon sounded a little more on fire at Kilburn than at Shepperton. He was still good at Shepperton in "The Kids Are Alright," but he seemed to hit the drums harder and faster in the Kilburn footage. Now if only Pete and Roger would release the Dallas concert I saw at Reunion Arena in 2000 on DVD. Wow, I'd give a lot for that video!
Also, at least according to Image Entertainment's web site, this new Who DVD will be released as a double-disc set, with both the Kilburn and London Coliseum 1969 shows, instead of "separate" releases, as The Who's web site stated originally. They probably realized they could sell more units by packaging the two concerts and their extras together.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 14, 2008 6:56:01 AM PDT
A. J. says:
I have a copy of the Live at the Houston Summit 75 show and it is pretty good. It hasnt been widely released on DVD as of yet but theres a guy who hawks that sort of stuff on the net.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 15, 2008 6:13:01 PM PDT
JA says:
So are both concerts complete, cause I think there has yet to be an officially released complete concert on DVD...

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 7:34:57 PM PDT
RegF says:
bass boy...

I really enjoy reading your posts about many bands. We may not always agree but you really know your stuff. THANK YOU!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 26, 2008 9:09:42 PM PDT
bass boy says:
Thanks Regan.

Yeah, I can be pretty opinionated - it's my job as a journalist. ha ha.
Thanks for the post! Take care.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2008 11:44:18 AM PST
Jersey Joker says:
Hey Folks,
Thanks for the discussion and the details of this release. One quick question:
Will the regular DVD contain a 5.1 surround sound mix? On another website (bestbuy), they indicate the blueray release will be DTS, but the regular DVD will be Dolby. Any ideas??

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2008 8:19:41 PM PST
bass boy says:
I haven't heard if it will be surround sound or not. Please let me know if you hear. Thanks.
Also, this is going to be shown on the big screen on Nov. 16 or Nov. 17.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 17, 2008 9:36:40 AM PST
Jersey Joker says:
You got it, Bass boy!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  Aug 11, 2008
Latest post:  Nov 17, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
The Who At Kilburn: 1977
The Who At Kilburn: 1977 by Roger Daltrey (DVD - 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars (155)