Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7, starting at $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno
can these plasma cars be used on hardwood floors? Will they scratch the floors?
asked by ginfay on October 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 21 answers
A
Yes. They have left pretty bad scratches on our floors. Seems to have happened very quickly after our kid reached around 40lbs. Not sure we can salvage them. May need refinishing.
Natural Freak answered on May 7, 2017
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The instructions that come with the plasma car advise you not to use it on hardwood floors. They do sell rubber roller blade wheels you can swap with the original wheels (~$20), which then makes the car more friendly to hardwood floors.
Jon L. Waldman answered on September 16, 2016

A
We bought two of these cars for our grandchildren to use indoors. The wheel removed the finish on our hardwood floors everywhere the were ridden. No more plasma cars in the house!
JJS answered on December 3, 2015

A
Yes, they can scratch your floors.
Chad Stunnington answered on February 22, 2015

A
Our plasma cars scratched our hardwood floors. Our floors will need to be refinished.
Susanne P. answered on April 17, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We have three of these and they have never been used outdoors. However, they have scuffed our hand-scraped hardwood floors and I do not like it when my kids use them now. I cannot get the scuffs out of the floors and we have only had these floors one year :(
B. Breslin answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Beware! I let my sons ride the plasma car in the house as soon as my husband put it together. The next day we noticed deep scratches all over our hardwood floors. My husband was furious and this little toy is going to cost us thousands of dollars to have our floors refinished. I trusted this toy because of all the great reviews and have had other ride on toys in the house with no problems. I am disgusted!
Smooch answered on November 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Beware! I let my sons ride the plasma car in the house as soon as my husband put it together. The next day we noticed deep scratches all over our hardwood floors. My husband was furious and this little toy is going to cost us thousands of dollars to have our floors refinished. I trusted this toy because of all the great reviews and have had other ride on toys in the house with no problems. I am disgusted!
Smooch answered on November 11, 2012
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Both our 4 and 2 year olds love their plasma cars. We have a very long hallway, and wood floors. There is the possibility that they slightly do scratch the wood floors, but we could not say for sure. To reduce any damage inside, we only keep the plasma cars inside the house, so the wheels do not get to beat up...so that does help. Our kids love the plasma cars so much, (and any visitors that come over love them too), that any tiny scratches that could be happening are worth it...as it is minimal as far as we can see. Thanks.
Amazon Customer answered on October 22, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 22, 2012, 10:54:05 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product