Amazon Business Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery March Birthstone Shop Popular Services SneakyPete SneakyPete SneakyPete  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Tackle Any Terrain with Cycling on Amazon STEM

Why do they make these box sets so wide?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 26, 2012, 8:07:04 AM PST
E. Parr says:
I've noticed that with some of the box sets that are released nowadays (both for TV shows and movies), the boxes themselves are really wide (maybe the film companies think we'd like to frame the boxes and use them to decorate our homes). Some examples are: "The Tudors: The Complete Series", "The Sound of Music" Blu-Ray box set, and "The Wizard of Oz" Blu-Ray box set. Now it looks like the upcoming "Casablanca" set, and the Bond 50 set will also be quite wide. Like (I'm guessing) most people, I store my DVDs/Blu-Rays on a shelf with the spines facing out, and, for the most part, they all align perfectly, and don't jut out from the shelf. Obviously, for a set like the Bond 50 one, that wouldn't work, and the box would have to stores elsewhere. I know it's a minor thing, but I do like to keep all my discs together, and I wish that, instead of making the boxes so wide, they would give keep them at a standard DVD case width, and just make them deeper, like what HBO did with "Rome: The Complete Series". Does anyone else feel the same way?

Posted on Feb 8, 2012, 1:14:58 PM PST
I had no idea there was an UK release for this box-set. I'm amazed by the price difference. I need to see the complete specs.

There's 22 movies and an extra disc with 1 hour of extras (which I believe is overkill given that you can put WAY more information in a whole disc).

Now, it says "22 movies", not "22 discs". For all we know each movie (or most of them anyway) will have it's own special features disc. That's the only way I can think this will come out.

Also, because of the insane price, I hope this set comes with a gorgeous booklet in a cool packaging or something. I just got Ben-Hur Ultimate Edition in Blu Ray, and I was amazed for the quality transfer, extras and packaging. That was a WAY better release than the Star Wars one.

I already pre-order this, but not sure if I'll get it at the end. Not enough info.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012, 5:11:05 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Jul 12, 2012, 8:11:55 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Jan 26, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 29, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about