Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

they nerfed grenade launcher? LOL

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2011, 8:47:15 PM PST
anonymous says:
my brother just went to BJ and got copy of COD MW3. he and I played a while and found grenade launcher was nerfed? grenade launcher in MW2 was perfect, why nerfed? why bother having grenade launcher if you dont let it work properly? LOL

Posted on Nov 9, 2011, 10:14:56 PM PST
Dan says:
Because in the other COD games it is incredibly over-powered in every way possible. It could be used to friggin snipe people from across the map and it's blast radius could kill several people near eachother. The real question is why it is in a game like COD. COD has small urban maps with no destructible cover and the only vehicles are nearly indestructible with anything other than a anti-air rocket launcher...

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 7:02:01 AM PST
anonymous says:
anyway, nerfing grenade launcher is pathetic. i think they should just remove it from the game. grenade launcher is single shot attachment. it is a hit or miss then die (because reload is painfully slow). so if it doesnt cover good radius or not powerful enough, then it is useless as a weapon. in mw2, grenade launcher is just right. having it introduces a different game play. i have no problem with taking noob-tuber down with my gun. so i have no idea why it was a big deal. but nerfing grenade launcher in mw3 is just pathetic.

Posted on Nov 10, 2011, 7:11:57 AM PST
Grimes says:
Well, it's in the game because there are grenade launchers in REAL LIFE. Explosives in these games aren't there to show off destructible environments but to help represent a real modern warfare experience.

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 10:32:03 AM PST
COD is in no way shape or form close to anything "in real life".

Posted on Nov 14, 2011, 4:50:10 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 14, 2011, 4:57:55 PM PST
KYU HANG HUR says:
It's because of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laKoPTEHOic&feature=channel_video_title

OMA may be gone in MW3, but the blast radius of the grenade launchers were ridiculously large to the point that there was no point in using anything but that. It's supposed to be gun-on-gun play, not explosive warfare.

And keep realism out of this. CoD is labeled as "authentic" even by its developers, NOT realistic. They've said it multiple times that realism does not play a role in CoD games.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2011, 8:58:53 AM PST
Grimes says:
Well of course not, it's a bloody game. But you can't ignore the fact that grenade launchers are used in actual modern combat.

Posted on Nov 15, 2011, 3:39:53 PM PST
C. poesch says:
i can ignore it

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 10:50:22 AM PST
Grimes says:
Ignoring it doesn't make it less true :P

Posted on Nov 16, 2011, 1:02:53 PM PST
KingAce says:
They might as well have removed the launchers then. They are totally useless and no one is using them. They took out danger close, OMA, and you can't resupply them, so why nerf them so much? Even if someone used them, they would only be getting two kills with noob tubes per life.

Posted on Nov 21, 2011, 10:58:16 AM PST
anonymous says:
not only launcher is not working properly. claymore and bouncing betty are not working properly too. too many things that work in mw2 are all broken in mw3.

Posted on Dec 22, 2011, 5:40:49 AM PST
anonymous says:
i think lit-machine gun like M60 is nerfed too (or all lit-machine gun). for cry out loud, you already have a slow character that is practically target practice for everyone, because he is dragging this gun slowly. to add insult to injury, this gun has lousy iron sight (i just checked black ops, even lousier than black ops), slow aim speed, and high recoil. the only spot that shine should be dmg (you think), but they nerfed. what a joke!

same thing can be said about shot-gun. it already has a short range to make it difficult to use except in close quarter combat. to add insult to injury, they nerfed any shotgun too. now you need a whole clip to kill an enemy assuming you can unload whole clip with its slow fire rate. yup, close range, the enemy will kill you first, because you are trying to kill them with nerfed weapon slowly. what a joke!

what is that mean, you stick mostly with assault rifle and sub-machine gun.

you dont see this kind of crap in MW2 or Black Ops.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 23, 2011, 2:00:16 PM PST
Pork_Sushi says:
No video game accurately represents a "real" modern warfare experience.

Posted on Feb 14, 2012, 4:02:24 PM PST
Big Ed says:
They are nerfing everything so the unskilled can try to play the game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2011
Latest post:  Feb 14, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about