Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Trade in. Get paid. Go shopping. Shop Now PSFF17_gno
(Would you like to see this page in Spanish? Click here.)
(What are Customer Discussions?)
Customer Discussions > Here I Stand forum

What do think about Usher's ablum, Here I Stand?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 6, 2008, 9:24:39 PM PDT
I'm a fan of Usher since I was 10 years old and I love anything Usher puts out. However, this album was so different( which is what I like about him. He changes it up for us) that I thought the Usher I grew to love especially on 8701 was gone and never coming back. But when I listened to this album a third time it stuck me that Usher is still here he has just grown so much over the past fours years musically and in his personal life that maybe it was too much for us to handle, at least for me.(almost LOL)

One thing I have to just get off my chest,( I love Usher) Why does this album not flow so smoothly like Confessions? I understand its not A Confession Part 2 ( although some songs, Like Trading Places, Before I met you and Appetite could have been on the Confessions album) but I expected it to flow;you know what I mean? And Don't you think that eventhough he he is married to that....( you what I want to call her, but I'm convinced she is not the one. Usher could have done at lot better) he could have done an even better cd at least similar to Confessions? Because if you really listen to Here I stand its all about Tameka( half way) which is sort of annoying, but I love the fact that Usher is giving respect to his lady.

What is your Take on this new Album from one of the best entertainer's in the World?

Your Tags: usher, muisc, r and b, 2008, hot

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 23, 2008, 6:55:20 AM PDT
sup well i have to say yea your right about it not being as smooth as confessions but i feel from listening to this cd is he's on his grown man tip so he most likely feels like he wants to make the kind of music he grow up listening to like from the 70's and just the older smooth feeling type of music plues he looked around and seen theres some many dance songs out right now so i think he just wanted to do something diffrent from what all the there people are doing right now u know what i mean ight u be coo stay up peace

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2008, 3:20:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 2, 2008, 5:21:49 PM PDT
R. Alenci says:
I love the album!! its not as soulful and good as his other albums. you really have to listen to the whole cd and get used to it. I was wondering if any of you have a hidden track at the end of track 17? track 17 ends and then there is 5 minutes of silence and a new song starts. weird.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 12, 2008, 7:42:23 AM PDT
Yes, there should be one. I have the preordered deluxe version from itunes(it's still available). Track 18 is: Here I stand, 19. Will work for love(hidden Bonus song, which is what it says on my itunes), 20. love in this Club(remix), and 21. Chivalry. I hate when the long never ending wait happens before you get to the "hidden song", that has happened to me twice with songs on my favorites cds! One of my cds I didn' tknow their was a hidden track until I feel asleep while listening to the Album, then later woke up heard this "new song" playing and I'm like." Waitwhere did this song come from"? LOL I hate when that happens. LOL Thank you for commenting on my little summary of what I thought of Usher's new album, Here I stand. Peace.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Here I Stand forum
Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Jun 6, 2008
Latest post:  Jul 12, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Here I Stand
Here I Stand by Usher (Audio CD - 2008)
4.0 out of 5 stars (200)