Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon kidsevergreen kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies kidsevergreenaltText Choose channels with their favorite shows and movies  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Diary of a Wimpy Kid, Book 1 forum

is this book appropriate for girls?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 24, 2008, 12:00:34 PM PST
vjc says:
would a 7th grade girl enjoy this?

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 5, 2008, 10:09:49 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 5, 2008, 10:10:24 AM PST
Yale says:
Depending on what is the 6th grader up to? This is one really funny, easy-to-read, and refreshing book. My 7-years-old daughter just finished reading both volumes of the wimpy kid, and she just loved them!....So much, that she even got every one in the family to laugh at a couples of the stories.

I also explored the book before handing it to her,-just to make sure it was appropriate-, and I has to confess, loved it myself,....My favorite character?? Manny! (The baby brother)....Just as a naturally very maternal and protective mother!...Loved the little one, so cute and special!...Rodrick? Just remind me of my husband coolness!....

In Sum, if the 6th grader is more toward mystery, like "twilight" tipe of lecture, probably would get not enjoyment out of this Kenney's books, I personally try to refresh life with good sense of humor, and like my daugter to grow up with a different sense of real life as well.

Posted on Nov 19, 2009, 10:45:43 AM PST
M. Poland says:
I think she would, provided she likes to read books in general. If she's not a big fan of reading you'd be better off getting her books related to her interests, such as specific hobby books, or history, fashion, science, whatever she's into. My little girl is 9 years old and she loves to read anything she can get her hands on....these books are her latest favorite. She was counting down the days until Dog Days was released last month. They're funny and not really 'little kid' material, so I think she'd enjoy it.

Posted on Nov 8, 2010, 12:29:29 AM PST
aliceowl9210 says:
I'm a 16 year old girl and I think these books are hilarious!

Posted on Nov 9, 2010, 6:03:31 PM PST
Beach Gal says:
Absolutely! My niece loves these books and has them all; she highly recommends them.

Posted on Mar 12, 2013, 12:51:03 PM PDT
E. Malkin says:
My 7 year old daughter loves this book, and so do I! I read it to her at bed time and also have her read it to me (we alternate paragraphs). I personally can not wait for our bed time reading - this is not like reading another kids' book, it is totally great reading for the adult as well! Love it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Nov 24, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Diary of a Wimpy Kid
Diary of a Wimpy Kid by Jeff Kinney (Paperback - 2008)
4.7 out of 5 stars (11,193)