Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Cozy Knits Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon fin fin fin  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle Oasis hhnsweeps Shop Cycling on Amazon STEM
Customer Discussions > Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred forum

Is this for obese people too?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 23, 2012 10:47:33 AM PDT
Sandy0113 says:
i am about 85 pounds overweight and i wanted to try a good weight loss dvd after seeing the biggest loser i wanted to try a jillian workout since she helped them lose so much weight...but is this for people who need to lose 10-20 pounds or what? what do you recommend?

Posted on Oct 11, 2012 6:26:58 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Oct 11, 2012 6:28:04 PM PDT
Waiting4Zion says:
I am about 100 pounds overweight! I got this DVD two months ago, and without making ANY changes in my diet, and doing this DVD four times a week, I've lost 20 pounds. I'm ecstatic...all of my work clothes are nearly falling off of me.

I will tell you one thing...for me, the majority of the moves are a little too difficult. But that's can move at your own pace. My fiance (who is my #1 supporter in this journey to lose weight) was a little tickled at my attempts to do the jumping jacks. At first, I was kinda just moving my arms up and down and moving one leg to the side. LOL! It was a mess, but just keep at it. After the first week, I was actually able to do a few of the jumping jacks. I can't wait to see the transformations as I keep up with it. I wish you the best!

Posted on Nov 4, 2012 9:19:46 PM PST
Pensive says:
YES obese ppl can easily do this work out. There is no corodination needed either to do this one. Im 60lb overweight and i do this work out easily 5 days a week, Jillian gives very specific instructions on how to do exercises correctly and there is a modification for most of the moves available. WORD OF CAUTION: Do NOT do the jumping jacks. At all, esp when overweight. Honestly i wld think a trained professional wld know better than to subject ppls knees to such huge levels of pressure. Jumping jacks are NO MORE PRODUCTIVE than running on the spot for cardio fitness. It is sheer madness to jump into the air and land suddenly on straight legs with all your weight hitting your knees. Just crazy. I skip the jumping jacks and run super fast on the spot or do skip rope moves instead. So much safer and hugley reducing a chance of injury. My fitness has improved 100% and im losing weight so it still works fine :) Good Luck

Posted on Feb 11, 2013 5:08:31 AM PST
I'm 100 lbs overweight and not only do I do the shred, but I can now do the jumping jacks. Jillian says she has 400 lb people that can do them. This 1st time I could hardly do 5 of them and so I just would do the arm movements but sort of walk in place with my legs. Each day I was able to do a little more of them. Now 10 days later I can do 100 of them in ONE day! And I'm still 80 lbs overweight. My weight loss is due to following weight watchers AND working out. I'm about to start shred level 2 and I've heard it's the hardest level. YIKES! I am NOT going to give up!

In reply to an earlier post on May 30, 2016 10:39:58 AM PDT
OH, dear! Same with me. The first times I did the modified jumping jacks, a week later I can do half the jumping jack session. I still can't do the butt kicks, but just jump in place switching legs.

But, yes, I feel stronger and my body is definitely changing. I'm about 80 pounds over weight.

Last night, for the first time, I could place my hands a little lower than half my calf in the final stretch, AND sit up straight. This workout works.
Good luck!

Posted on Jul 24, 2016 9:47:27 AM PDT
Heidi Wills says:
Yes, I'm 100 pounds over weight and on my first week with this. I can do the exercises with no problem. I have a problem with one of the stretches, but that is because even when I was in shape I was not very flexible. Just start with the modified on level 1 and you should be fine. The exercises are tough, but she throws in those little reminders and motivators and I still fill fine at the end. Yes, I was sore, but everything works fine still..

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 7, 2016 1:43:59 PM PDT
Laura Cowan says:
Thanks for the review, and I am glad to hear your fiancé is helpful rather than hurtful! I can do the jumping jacks, but some of the other stuff I look totally ridiculous! But I keep trying!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  7
Initial post:  Jun 23, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 7, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels (DVD - 2008)
4.5 out of 5 stars (6,195)