Oil month Automotive HPC Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Mother's Day gifts SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy Fifty Shades Freed available to buy  Echo Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now TG18PP_gno

uni-ball ONYX Rollerball Pen, Micro Point (0.5mm), Black, 12 Count
Style Name: Micro Point|Size: 12-Count|Color: Black|Change

on July 21, 2015
I use a paper notebook daily and have used the Onyx Micro for over 20 years. The pens in the latest order have a leaf with the words ECO on them and something has changed - I no longer get a fine line when writing. The pen might be the same for someone who uses a single sheet of paper, but for someone writing on a pad, and pressing firmly, the new design gives a much wider line than before. The ECO is on the batch ordered last year at this time and those pens were still giving a fine line. These are made by the Mitsubishi Pencil Company.
on October 14, 2015
EDIT: I think I figured out my problem. The cheap spiral notebooks from Walmart appear to have low quality paper. Using paper from 150-sheet packs (brighter, whiter paper. Less glossy) results in beautiful, fulfilling script. Updated to 5/5 stars. I'm tempted to -1 star for leaking, but I'll let it be. The picture scorns the product enough in that regard.

I really want to like these pens. Moments after using one for the first time it was fading out badly. So I tried another...and another...and so on. Eventually I got to one that worked great. The next day, it was fading, also. So I gave it a little shake and was met with a bubble of ink that popped all over my fingers and the paper I was writing on. Well then...won't do that again..

Three times now I have retrieved a pen from my backpack and met a similar unpleasant surprise. I guess they shake in my backpack when I ride my motorcycle to school. But here's the kicker: when shaken up and bleeding all over the place the ink flows beautifully and I can write with the most consistent, pleasant hooks and curves in cursive script. I wish more than anything they would work like that consistently...

I'm going to keep trying because these pens are still much better than the horrid Pentel 0.7mm R.S.V.P, which constantly leak from the tip and bleed through paper. At least uni-ball ink is more forgiving and even smearing a soaking streak of ink across paper doesn't bleed through. I've started using pencil grips in hopes of somehow finding the best of both worlds, no leaking and perfect, consistent ink streams. Alas, my trials have yet to prove successful.
uni-ball ONYX Rollerball Pen, Fine Point (0.7mm), Blue, 12 Count

When you are balls to the wall and need an instrument... Pizza guy at the front door, hot new neighbor giving you their digits, or just have an urgent compulsion to doodle while talking to Mom, these little boys will go nuts for you in any situation.

Don't worry about how fragile these guys are or that they only have 1 ball per pen, these speed bags can really take a punch.
They are a high quality and reliable set of family jewels for you to value throughout your busy agenda.

They come together in a nice package that ensures they do not break in transit like fragile eggs.

Give this equipment a go and you won't be sorry! They nice looking, work well on most surfaces, long lasting and easy on the fingers.

Grab yourself a tea bag ,a nice cup and sit down and use your new balls in comfort!
on July 8, 2017
I really wanted to like these pens but they run low at times and sometimes they're have a very liquidy consistency. They bleed through the paper if you press too hard and hardly show if you don't press enough. Maybe I got a bad batch? I've been using Uniball for years so I'll probably buy another pack at Staples instead of Amazon next time.
on December 29, 2015
Note that these pens are "eco" and the ink is a little lighter than the older non-eco pens. This color is more of a darker royal blue, older pens are more of a navy blue. The pen writes very well with very little smuging.
on September 5, 2016
These plain, unassuming, light-weight pens look just like any other cheapie pen, but nothing could be further from the truth! These pens write as smoothly as an expensive pen and produce a beautiful unbroken fine line. The only reason I deducted a star is because they are very plain and in my opinion too light-weight to be as comfortable in my hand as a slightly larger, heavier pen. You would be hard pressed to find a better pen for the price.
on November 20, 2013
These write generally well and have a simple, slender, feel. The ink is sharp, penetrating, and very black -- signature Uni-ball.
I last wrote with the Onyx about 20 years ago in school and really liked them. The feel is the same, but the pen has gone downhill. Some of them don't write very fast. It feels like the ball sticks when writing fast or drawing a line. You'll end up with about 2-3 blank or partial letters on a line when you're writing fast (accompanied by that raspy dragging feel). About 1 in 2 have this problem. For slower writers they're fine, but this used to be a fast flowing pen for serious writing and drawing.
If you've ever dropped a nice pen on concrete right on the tip, and dinged up the ball/seat to where it writes ok sometimes but is never the same -- that's how these write.
I've only tried this one box, hence the two stars instead of one.
on April 9, 2017
My favorite pens ever.

Maybe it is just me, but I think this pen has a very smooth flow as you write. There are never times when too much ink is released leaving clumps or wet spots that can smear. I really appreciate how fine the tip is too. They make your writing look professional and elegant while still being a very affordable pen (a pen with which students can abscond and not leave you feeling too frustrated about your consistent hemorrhaging of good pens).
Others have also said this. . . . These are not what I expected from Uni-Ball. I usually use the black micro pens from Uni-Ball. . . but. . I could not find them in blue, and wanted blue for signing documents and such. These blue pens work, but the ink is simply not as nice and smooth as with the micro pens. The pens I received are not as "horrible" as what some people have written, so I don't know if I received a different "batch" or not. They are certainly "decent". Ink can sometimes form around the point, as happens a lot with other pens I've had, but I don't usually have that issue with Uni-Ball. Again, it could be because I'm more accustomed to using the micro pens. I certainly wouldn't return them. . but I will probably try some different pens in the future. . . when I'm looking for blue.
on March 25, 2016
For the price, it is hard to beat these pens. My favorite day to day pen is the Pilot G-2, but at nearly half the price, these are a more economical option, especially in a setting where they may be lost (like a workplace).
They write very fine and smooth, requiring minimal effort, and the somewhat matte and grippy texture of the pen feels nice in the hand. They are very light weight, but don't feel cheap. The only negative I would give them is that the ink tends to take a little while to "set", so it can smudge if you're not careful.

Don't expect the absolute top of the line, but these a great step up from the cheap ball-point pens without breaking the bank.