Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now STEM
[UPDATED] asked by Carl Howell on February 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
If Canon can put out in a " L " lens in a 70-200 in both F/4 & 2.8 with & then without IS, why not here ? It doesn't make sense that one has to go to a slower lens ( the 24-105 ) to get IS with this kind of zoom range.
Curt Larson answered on February 12, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
mark doiron answered on December 31, 2012
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Guys.
The suggested retail price for the current 24-70 on amazon is $2,300. The new one canon is putting at $2,300. I doubt that there is going to be much of a price change.
Luke answered on February 26, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've owned both. It's definitely worth the difference. The contrast at the edges of faces from backgrounds alone are amazing. And it gets better. It's a steep difference, but it's a huge step up.
Rahul G. Sabnis answered on November 23, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Canon is now basing their pricing off of the Japanese YEN as they were losing too much money with USD pricing. If you look at the current 24-70 and the new 24-70 in YEN - there is about a 100.00 price increase. Amazon's "suggested pricing" as I'm sure you are all hopefully aware is completely off based and absurd - they do it just to ensure you feel like you are getting a tremendous deal. If you observe Canon's suggested MSRP on their website - amazon's pricing is way off.

This lens will be 2300.00 when it releases.
Michael Smith answered on February 27, 2012
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Doesnt make sense indeed! You can get a 70-200 2.8L IS right here on amazon, for less than this lens. I'm hopeful the suggested retail price is just that, 'suggested', and it will come into the mid teens in short order.. If not I will go with the original, which will probably drop a few bucks with the release of this new version.
Carl Howell answered on February 13, 2012
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
On top of this insane price increase, Canon also decided to put IS on 24mm and 28mm 2.8 but not on this zoom.

Completely ridiculous!
Snowland answered on February 9, 2012
Comment | 2 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
AG answered on February 6, 2013
Comment | 1 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product