Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Will the UK Blu Ray version BONUS DISCS work or not for US customers?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2011, 3:23:13 PM PST
Mark Twain says:
The UK Box Set includes 11 Blu Ray discs, 3 of which contain bonus material. However, some people say that these extra features won't play because they're Region 2 coded and formatted in standard def (PAL).

Does anyone know for sure whether or not these bonus features will work on US Blu Ray players?

Posted on Nov 28, 2011, 7:57:30 PM PST
D. Krysl says:
Look at the most helpful review for the product, and click on "comments". There's a long discussion that touches on the issue. The general consensus is that almost all or all of the material should work, as Warner releases region free.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011, 9:49:14 AM PST
Geomancer says:
Even, if for some reason, they did not it is still a much better deal. All signs point to yes they'll work as they are blu-ray, and region free.

Mine, including shipping and currency conversion fees, was $48.05. That's 40% off the US price of $79.99.

I'll tell you on the 20th when I get it... or whenever it arrives, international orders have a wide delivery window and no tracking. I'm in no hurry though, just glad I saved 40% plus get extra content.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2011, 2:58:29 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 30, 2011, 3:00:09 PM PST
Just to clarify that Warner Brothers, Paramount and Universal always encode any SD extras on Blu-ray disc in 480i or 480p. (You can check this on other Blu-rays from these companies you own). They use this format because it is also playable in PAL countries. These three film companies use the same master disc for the whole world, so the contents are exactly the same. The only thing they change are the labels printed on the discs and the outside packaging.

I own a lot of Blu-rays and on some of my UK versions they even show the FBI copyright warning and the US rating logo before the film starts!

Posted on Dec 19, 2011, 3:27:00 AM PST
K. Cronin says:
I purchased this from the UK and can verify everything works fine, bonus material, the movies, etc. I watched them all on my PS3 and regular Blu-Ray player.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2011, 10:33:14 AM PST
Mark Twain says:
Thanks for answering, K. Cronin.

I asked this question a long time before I received the package and I, too, can confirm that everything works - even the bonus material on discs 1-5 (which is great by the way). I just finished watching Prisoner of Azkaban interviews with the whole cast and they were great.

Posted on Dec 19, 2011, 3:07:11 PM PST
Coast Dude says:
I have the UK version Blu ray 11 disk set, and can also confirm that all disks including bonus material work fine on my PS3.

Posted on Dec 21, 2011, 11:45:17 AM PST
D. Krysl says:
It works on my Panasonic BD605K as well, got it on the 9th I believe.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about