Mac OS X version 10.6.3 Snow Leopard (Mac computer with an Intel processor required)
|Price:||$35.99 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Mac computer with an Intel processor required
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard is built on a rock-solid, time-tested UNIX foundation.
- Improvements include a more responsive Finder, new look and features for Exposé.
- New core technologies unleash the power of today's advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation:
- With virtually no effort on your part, Mac OS X protects itself--and you--from viruses, malicious applications, and other threats
- Mac OS X Snow Leopard includes built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server.
- 64-bit computing, multicore-optimization, OpenCL, QuickTime X, and more
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Mac OS X 10.6.3 Snow Leopard, a simpler, more powerful, and more refined version of Mac OS X. It delivers a wide range of enhancements, next-generation technologies, out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server, and new accessibility features. It's the world's most advanced operating system, finely tuned from installation to shutdown.
Mac computer with an Intel processor
1GB of memory
5GB of available disk space
DVD drive for installation
Some features require a compatible internet service provider: fees may apply.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard is an even more powerful and refined version of the world’s most advanced operating system. In ways big and small, it gets faster, more reliable, and easier to use. New core technologies unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware technology and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation. And Snow Leopard includes built-in support for the latest version of Microsoft Exchange Server, so you can use your Mac at home and at work.
The world's most advanced operating system. Finely tuned.
Top Updates in Mac OS X
Mac OS X is the world’s most advanced operating system. Built on a rock-solid UNIX foundation and designed to be simple and intuitive, it’s what makes the Mac innovative, highly secure, compatible, and easy to use.
Better, faster, easier.
Mac OS X Snow Leopard includes hundreds of improvements that will help make your Mac faster, more responsive, and more reliable than ever. Installation is up to 50 percent faster than with Mac OS X Leopard; wake from sleep is as much as two times faster; shutdown is up to 80 percent faster; and initial Time Machine backups to Time Capsule are up to 80 percent faster than in Leopard.2
Now Exposé is integrated in the Dock, giving you a quick and easy way to see all the open windows of an application.
The Finder has been completely rewritten to take advantage of the new technologies in Snow Leopard. The familiar Finder interface is unchanged, but you’ll discover that the Finder is faster and more responsive. It also includes an enhanced icon view with live file previews, so you can thumb through a multipage document or even watch a QuickTime movie.
New core technologies.
New core technologies in Snow Leopard unleash the power of today’s advanced hardware and prepare Mac OS X for future innovation.
The next-generation media technology, QuickTime X powers the audio and video experience in Snow Leopard. It debuts a completely new QuickTime Player application with a clean, uncluttered interface as well as an easy way to record, trim, and share your media.
Out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange.
Snow Leopard includes out-of-the-box support for Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 in Mail, iCal, and Address Book, so it’s easier than ever to take your Mac to work.
Every Mac comes standard with a wide range of assistive—or Universal Access—technologies that help people with disabilities experience what the Mac has to offer. Snow Leopard continues this support with a variety of innovative features that advance accessibility even further.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
It makes working on apps more snappy. Additional space is a much appreciated bonus. It freed up some gigs in my meager 80 gigs of hard drive memory.
One of the most useful features of the latest versions of the Mac OS is Time Machine. This makes backing up which used to be a painful process a much better experience. It is also significantly faster than the previous version that came with the OS. Stacks is fun, but not very useful to me.
The new Quicktime will now allow you to record as well as edit videos which previously available only on the paid version. You can now make your own tutorial videos as it can record the screen and use an external or built-in microphone.
Moving up from Leopard seems not as big of a difference; but moving up from Tiger...
I'm taking a star off for Apple and their greedy obsession with planned obsolescence. Firewire, then advanced firewire, then a new dock on iphones and ipods every couple of years, and finally, their itunes and other software requiring you to upgrade their operating system so often that I almost long for the days when Microsoft was the leader and Apple was just a small consumer oriented company who made their high quality products in the USA.
* My system goes much faster with OS 10.6, starts up with no problems
* Install was easy (note: I did not do a clean install but an upgrade) but it was important to validate all fonts right after and clear up any duplicate fonts via the font book.
* I freed about 15 GB after the install
* I was lucky friends told me to click on the custom in order to get "rosetta" installed
* All Adobe products are working great (except PhotoShop under Rosetta - read below)
* I like the finder...much more responsive
* Poser 6 worked fine (yeah, I know it's at 8 but haven't upgraded yet), Corel Painter 8 works fine and Microsoft Office 2004 works fine
* Adobe Photoshop CS3 under Rosetta - Doesn't work right. If you do basic functions, it works. But then if you start doing things like flatten layers or even stretching out an image, you notice that functions are grayed out. You need to do a restart which doesn't guarantee things will come back working. Unclicked the "start with Rosetta" and Photoshop works perfectly. I only need Rosetta in order to access my scanner's TWAIN device and that is my primary reason for using it.
* My Extensis font manager (older version of Suitcase XI is not working - not supported). If you still use this, it's best to shut it down on startup because it will cause conflicts with other software. Best to use the Apple Font Book.
* Browsers were running slooooow...I was having problems with my browsers on the first few days but with an update to Firefox, haven't had it since.
I still have a few things to test but overall, things work fine. Most of the negatives I have experienced is probably because my software is not the latest version. Probably I would have had a better outcome with my Adobe Products like CS4 but I purchase an upgrade every other release. As for Extensis Suitcase, no big deal since I can use Apple's Font Book which I'm trying to get used to right now. As for the scanner, although I can't do a simple import with Photoshop, I can use Epson's own scanning software which adds another step but oh well...
I have since upgraded to 10.6.1 and hopefully things run much smoother but overall, things worked well.