Industrial Deals Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning Catastrophe Catastrophe Catastrophe  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon
My walls do not accommodate suction cups. Did Any other way to install the product work for you?
asked by Amazon Customer on December 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 14 answers
A
I have a smooth fiberglass surface so it was no problem for me. If you do not have a smooth surface it will not work.
Phil answered on December 15, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would suggest a metal mount with an adhesive backing. Just search for shower head mount.
N. Souza answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No, in fact it fell completely apart the second time I used it and I threw it away. Don't waste your money!
J. Ridgway answered on January 5, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
And if you are trying to go over grout lines it will not work, must be flat and smooth. something like counter top works great. Your bathtub will hold it for you, not a solution, but it'd be in reach. I think you will need to look "outside the box" for this one. I suggest a surface that works mounted on the wall, like one beautiful floor tile, a shower mirror or maybe a radio if it has a flat surface, you could even paint and seal a board.
You could also use screws to mount it permanently, seal with a bit of silicone.
Dee answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I put mine on tile and a countertop that are smooth so I didn't have this problem.
Linda Cull answered on December 15, 2012

A
My shower. Walls are smooth and hold the suction cups with no problem, with that being said, the first time I used it and I was getting out of the shower the suction cups released there hold and I fell. Caution, do not use for anything other than to hold a trowel. Could not recommend.
prdgrndpa answered on December 15, 2012

A
I have tile on my shower wall, the suction was just perfect.
Barbara P. answered on December 15, 2012

A
No, and I was surprised to find that it did work even with subway tiles that have grout separations. Deceptively strong, but you do need a smooth non-prous surface.
Yuss answered on December 15, 2012

A
I only tried to use the suction method as I did not wish to make them permanent currently. I wasn't ready to poke holes in hte shower tile.
John B. Williams Jr. answered on December 15, 2012

A
If your wall is tile, then install outside the grout lines. That should provide a suction. If there is a texture, u can try establishing a smooth surface with silicon sealant.
Frugal shopper answered on December 15, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product