Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning gotcatchup gotcatchup gotcatchup  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClub17_gno
what are the best speakers?
asked by Lawrence Mwangi on December 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
In my experience, there is no 'Best' speaker. It depends on the qualities of your hearing, the room acoustics, the kinds of media being listened to, etc. Find a dealer that lets you try out speakers not only in the showroom, but in your home, and listen to a variety of media, CDs of various types, TVs, Blu Ray.
John J. answered on December 12, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
That depends largely on your budget and usage. A great resource are the forums at http://www.avsforum.com/
K. Simpson answered on December 11, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Larry R. Mintun answered on December 12, 2012

A
It depends on your room size. I have the Polk Audio Polk Audio TL250 Speakers for a smaller room and the Polk Audio TL350 in my other home. They both sound incredible !! But you have to add a subwoofer to get the most incredible experience in home theater. Also when playing music from Pandora, they sound like loud speakers. Have no compaints. They are of great quality sound. I have an ear for good quality suround sound and with the Onkyo receiver, you won't regret it. Good luck !!
Damherst answered on December 13, 2012

A
GoldenEar Triton II speakers are awesome with my Onkyo TX-NX717 receiver. A bit pricey at 3000 for L/R 500 for Center and another 500 for back surrounds. But at this price point I do not think you will find a better option!
John B. Richards answered on January 10, 2013

A
Well I have a set of aperion verus forte speakers. I love how they sound with my 818. Crystal clear. I have them in a large bedroom. I didn't have the cash for the grands. They're pretty back ordered though. They also have an awesome return/upgrade policy. Aperionaudio.com. Can't say for other brands though since I haven't heard others.
Dave answered on December 11, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have klipsch they work great
R V. answered on December 12, 2012

A
I use the Infinity Primus series. I have the c351 center speaker, the p163 floor standing for fronts, the p153 for book shelves. I have a 7.1 system, I still use my onkyo speakers for surround, and the onkyo for base. I will soon be purchasing the Infinity base, and the p143 for surround. The Infinity series are by far the best, I have tried Polk,and Klipsch,they don
Jacqui T. answered on December 12, 2012

A
They don't even come close, and cost more. Hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions
Jacqui T. answered on December 12, 2012

A
I think the best bang for your buck in a top quality speaker, is Paradigm. I have the Studio 40's and I am very happy with them. You can get better speakers but you will have to pay double what the Paradigms' cost, which is about 700.00 each, but in my opinion they are hard to beat. Check'em out.
Prostock7 answered on December 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product