YED Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 New Year, New You Valentines Day STEM Shop Popular Services Gleason Gleason Gleason  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now NYNN
what does the mountain icon indicate? It's probably somewhere in the instruction booklet, but I can't find it....TIA
asked by jcmoore on March 9, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
The mountain icon is the 'landscape mode' which you use when shooting things in the distance or outdoors. The instruction booklet says that at this setting, the camera will focus from 2.5 meters to infinity.
jane answered on January 17, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Landscape mode...as oppose to portrait mode (if off) I guess. This camera doesn't have an true explanation of what this does much like all the cameras we had back in the 80's and 90's.

If this works like what a more advanced camera does, landscape mode would just be a smaller aperture (larger f-stop) which will make everything in the picture in focus. Portrait mode would be (in layman terms) the center subject in focus and the rest is blurred (bokeh, google it you'll know what I mean). this allows the one thing in focus to stand out.
Mike answered on January 21, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product