Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon ballerss3 ballerss3  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating FFII_gno
Customer Discussions > Madden NFL 12 - Playstation 3 forum

So what's your take on Madden 12? Are you impressed?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 2, 2011, 6:08:42 PM PDT
Mister C says:
Yes, the game improved (somewhat) from previous installments. However, there's still the same issues that has plagued the franchise. The game doesn't seem fluid and there are game play mechanics issues like players suction, repetitive tackling, very poor commentary play-by-play, and poor audio quality. Online play for the PS3 version lags a lot too.

You figure after years of experiments and complaints from consumers EA would finally nailed all discrepancies and put together one solid game. Unfortunately, we're talking about EA. A company that loves to promote false advertising and deceptive marketing to naive gamers who continually lash out sixty dollars every year.

What's it going to take for the gaming community to realize that unless you stop buying Madden games, EA will repeat the same B.S. on an annual basis? STOP buying Madden games, let EA suffer from sales drop, and let's hope that the NFL take away the exclusive rights for EA to make football games.

What is your take? Are you satisfied with Madden 12?

Posted on Sep 2, 2011, 7:15:04 PM PDT
Trevertravis says:
I haven't played Madden since the 2003 edition. So I'm not too familiar with the more recent additions. I'm thinking about buying this one. Would you recommend it to someone hasn't been let down year after year?

Posted on Sep 3, 2011, 6:28:50 AM PDT
B. B. says:
screw madden, buy NHL 12 its likely far more fun than this game.

Posted on Sep 4, 2011, 6:45:42 AM PDT
[Deleted by the author on Sep 4, 2011, 10:02:36 AM PDT]

Posted on Sep 27, 2011, 12:20:34 PM PDT
T. Reed says:
It feels like a beta version but it's still a good game.

Posted on Oct 10, 2011, 9:23:54 PM PDT
G. Chadwell says:
NO I am not. EA has all but destroyed this franchise. SOMEONE please give this game back to 2K and let them have a shot. madden is dead.period

Posted on Oct 11, 2011, 11:48:43 AM PDT
Leohlyon says:
Well, I'm satisfied to the point that I traded it in at Best Buy yesterday. But you're right, we have to stop buying this game to get their attention. This is my first time ever trading in a Madden title, thus, I've learned my lesson. No more football games for me until 2K can get back in the mix :)

Posted on Nov 17, 2011, 11:29:21 AM PST
I am HORRIBLY unimpressed with this game. The blocking is abysmal. Your fullback and even your linemen at times will run right past the defenders they are supposed to pick up. And don't get me started on kick returns (kickoff or punt). You have no blocking whatsover. I NEVER run a punt back and on kickoffs, my guys will run straight past people allowing me to get hammered inside the 20.

That's my real only gripe with this game. Maybe I got spoiled by playing NCAA first where 90% of suction tackles were removed and the blocking actually worked.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 2, 2011, 11:16:55 AM PST
D. Decker says:
It is terrible. I would go into it more but it has all been said. I had not played madden on a PS3 before and was thinking it would be really great. It was such a huge disappointment. I have been a fan of this series from the beginning, but never again will I buy a Madden game.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Sep 2, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 2, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Madden NFL 12 - Playstation 3
Madden NFL 12 - Playstation 3 by Electronic Arts (PlayStation 3)
3.7 out of 5 stars (424)