Amazon Vehicles Back to School Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Chris Staples Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Shop Now
Customer Discussions > Taylor Swift forum

where to find uncensored "picture to burn"

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 2, 2009 12:39:14 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jun 20, 2012 9:49:40 AM PDT]

Posted on Dec 17, 2009 5:41:56 PM PST
tomdewcon says:
It would likely only be found on an early pressing of the album, but I'm not sure how you could differentiate. Looking through a used CD store is a good idea. I remember the version you speak of, though--interesting that TPTB sanitized both this song and "Teardrops on My Guitar" for radio play.

Posted on Dec 29, 2009 10:51:34 PM PST
I think once some people made some decissions, at Big Machine Recording co. they used all their efford to get rid of the uncensored version. This may have been before or after the album came out, I'm not sure, but they probably tried to keep it from being exposed, so if you're looking for it (which I don't know what difference it makes) it may be hard to find.

Posted on Dec 30, 2009 3:41:17 PM PST
All you have to do is find the original version, not the enhanced. If it says it has 15 songs or enhanced, it's the newer, censored one. If it doesn't say enhanced and has 11 songs, it's the original from a few years ago. Check local CD stores or ebay for used copies.

Posted on Jul 20, 2011 12:03:47 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 20, 2011 12:04:03 PM PDT
Larry Davis says:
The UNCENSORED version...gay (not say) is also on the CD/DVD deluxe with the lenticular 3D cover...3 times if you have the Target edition with the extra 3-song live video from the Tim & Faith tour. I have it so I know...it also goes for big money, $200 new, really?? Anyhoo, the original version is on the CD with the lyrics in the booklet to back it up...and on the DVD, there is an acoustic performance of it with her initial 2 musicians...producer Nathan Chapman on guitar and a cute blonde on violin...she looks like Vienna from the Bachelor/Bachelor Pad...with a Taylor intro saying she is a nice person, but if you are mean to her, break her heart, etc, she will write a song about you, then does the song, gay and all, and on the bonus video, PTB, gay and all, is the last of the 3 songs.

But yeah, Big Machine reissued the album as a single disc with bonus tracks and "Pop Radio Mixes" of "Our Song", "Teardrops", and I think "Picture To Burn" with the censored lyric...I'm happy with this deluxe and the original makes more sense.

Posted on Jun 4, 2012 3:57:47 AM PDT
morgoth says:
There's a few versions that have the un-edited version - original CD, the Target deluxe versions (10 track and 11 track variants) and I'm pretty sure that the USDJ promo CD single of Picture to Burn is also unedited, but I don't have it, so would have to confirm to be 100% sure. Then there's a variant of Picture to burn that's an actual demo (not officially available, *cough* download) which interestingly features a vocal war cry at the start of the track too.

Cheers,

Dave

Posted on Dec 25, 2012 8:22:14 PM PST
Melissa says:
It's on the iTunes live from Soho

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 25, 2012 9:28:04 PM PST
morgoth says:
I don't believe the Live at Soho version counts though, since it's a live version, and the OP was talking about the recorded version. To reiterate my last post:

1) original 11 track + 2 track enhanced CD (be careful here, cos it seems that the very last batch of 11 track original albums had the edited version)

2) original 11 track + 10 track DVD deluxe edition & 11 track + 11 DVD "target" edition

3) Picture to Burn USDJ promo (much rarer and harder to find than 1) and 2) above

Of course, the aforementioned demo track. Most of her early live performances of PTB will be unedited too.

Dave
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Taylor Swift forum
Participants:  7
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Dec 2, 2009
Latest post:  Dec 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Taylor Swift
Taylor Swift by Taylor Swift (Audio CD - 2006)
4.7 out of 5 stars (415)