Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-19 of 19 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 7, 2012, 9:54:38 AM PDT
jared says:
I'm ready for this, the question is, are YOU ready for this?

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 10:22:53 AM PDT
my body is so ready

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 10:36:14 AM PDT
jared says:
Good, It's gonna be a long night of ponies. ;)

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 11:01:57 AM PDT
Justin R. says:
Still hoping for a Blu-Ray release. That's possible, right?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 7, 2012, 11:06:59 AM PDT
Usni says:
If a lot of people buy the regular DVD. If they see there is a market for these they'll make more. So don't hold out for the BluRay!

Posted on Sep 7, 2012, 11:53:14 AM PDT
snowfi6916 says:
The brony community needs to buy this like hotcakes to show them that we are a viable and profitable demographic. Let's not disappoint them.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Shout Factory and Hasbro for FINALLY getting this done.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012, 10:46:55 AM PDT
every single US brony i know is at the very least asking for this for christmas. personally I preordered it the moment i saw the announcement on EQD. seriously though, only $25? thats less than $1 per episode, heck yes i'll gladly pay that for this. also, even if it was 35$, thats still only 1.36$ per episode, i've watched each episode so many times that its easily easily well worth more than that to me.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012, 10:55:23 AM PDT
Jessica says:
I agree, Parson. I'm ready to have a huge pony marathon once this comes in the mail. AND ONWARDS TO SEASON 2'S SET ONCE IT IS RELEASED!

Posted on Sep 8, 2012, 3:12:29 PM PDT
greybrother says:
A lot of bronies have been buying the toys to support the show, and I think that's given Hasbro the impression that it's about the toys as much as, or even More than the show. We really need to buy this DVD like crazy to show them it's actually about the SHOW, and hopefully they'll let the show creators keep more creative control instead of enforcing changes they think will be good for toy sales.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 8, 2012, 4:27:36 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 8, 2012, 4:27:51 PM PDT
Justin R. says:
No chance of that happening. Hasbro is very aware that the new show is the entire reason for Bronies in the first place, and the fact that Celestia was remade as a white version is a prime example of them altering the toys to suit the show, not the other way around. Plus, one of their execs is on twitter and very involved in the culture.

As far as I can see, Hasbro's actually handling things very well overall.

Posted on Sep 8, 2012, 5:25:59 PM PDT
Hasbro knows that we're a fairly bit part of their demographic for this show now, but i think its accurate to say that we're not the majority of the people who watch the show. But, they've always said theyve made the show just like they would have before, just now they do a little brony check to see if it will pass the brony standards as well. that and they probably know that theyre able to do more with it joke wise such as the big lebowski ponies in the one ep. As far as we can tell, its quite possibly their most profitable tv show at the moment so hopefully they'll continue to produce even more seasons after season 3.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 8, 2012, 6:31:29 PM PDT
Actually Bronies do make up a very large part of the demographic not to mention the bronies are more dedicated and willing to buy MLP items than the kids (especially the little girls). Hasbro now sees this so they're putting more effort on catering the bronies now than the kids.

Posted on Nov 16, 2012, 9:28:38 PM PST
M. Mcnully says:
I don't know if I want it bad enough to buy it. I've watched the first season a couple of times and have it on my Netflix queue and never got around to rewatching it. Can't say I'd actually watch it again if I bought it.

But it's cool it's getting a DVD release.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 5:10:27 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 29, 2012, 5:10:51 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 29, 2012, 5:11:01 PM PST
simba86 says:
season 3 is going to be so awesome! it has been so far!

Posted on Dec 6, 2012, 2:16:48 PM PST
Oasis says:
Well my Pony collection just arrived. A cold rainy morning was spent curled up in my room with a blanket, a steaming cup of hot chocolate with marshmallows, and episodes of FIM. Always a great way to start a day off work :D

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012, 2:31:58 PM PST
Justin R. says:
Sounds Rarity-approved, Oasis!

They really did a great job on this release. That being said, I'd love nothing more than to be able to buy a clean, pixel-perfect Blu-Ray version of each season. After seeing the 1080p iTunes versions, it's obvious that the fantastic Flash animation benefits hugely from the added resolution. One day, I'm sure.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2012, 2:58:48 PM PST
simba86 says:
sounds like the perfect day!

Posted on Dec 13, 2012, 2:59:56 PM PST
C. E. Hawn says:
Tried to get it for a brony I know...sold out...I think...hard to tell...
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  19
Initial post:  Sep 7, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 13, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about