Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning ballerss3 ballerss3,
image-map-link=rect  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $59.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

why is this version so expensive???

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 28 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 2, 2014, 1:09:10 AM PDT
Wjj2112011 says:
LIKE MJ's new album, CD+DVD $14.99. But MC's is $22.15. TOO MUCH!

Posted on May 2, 2014, 1:19:27 PM PDT
mandy says:
That is what I am trying to figure out as well. I wonder what extra features it has. If I find out, I will post here. Please do the same! =)

Posted on May 2, 2014, 2:55:08 PM PDT
Agree, Do you use ITUNES at all?? I am asking because it's only 12.99 on here. I may buy my copy on there, not sure which version to get though. This deluxe version has 3 extra tracks, while the regular version comes only with 15 tracks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2014, 4:02:12 PM PDT
mandy says:
I do, but I am a die hard Mariah Carey fan. Any album she puts out I always buy the hard copy and I always will. I only do that with her and Jay Z.

Posted on May 2, 2014, 8:47:28 PM PDT
wow.... very expensive..... why? i hope Amazon can decrease this price.

Posted on May 2, 2014, 9:03:56 PM PDT
Mr vinson says:
Aamzon need to lower the price .cause alot of folks are just going to go to itune and but the deluxe one .cause 23 plus bucks is a lot to pay for 3 extra songs

Posted on May 5, 2014, 2:59:19 AM PDT
Dvazquez5138 says:
It went down. Not by a lot, but few bucks at least. I dunno. I'm getting both regardless lol

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2014, 3:54:28 AM PDT
mandy says:
Okay, so the deluxe has three extra songs? I believe I have made my decision. Thank you!

Posted on May 5, 2014, 2:24:42 PM PDT
Gary says:
Hi, the Deluxe Version has three extra songs, one is "The Art of Letting Go," one of her best songs ever, "It's a Wrap," a song from Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel that she then made a duet with Mary J. Blige and "Betcha Gonna Know Part 2", a duet with R. Kelly; the first part was on Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel and was a good song with Mariah at the end saying "To be continued..." I had wondered if the second version would be on here. This cd should have been released surprise style like Beyoncé. Mariah's die hard crazy fans were throwing a fit though, and to avoid criticism she released the song for pre-order with a set release date, and the one thing she must do is what I believe she is doing - Album only for every song. If people want to buy anything they have to buy the whole album. The thing is that Mariah is not one who one or two good songs on her albums, every time she delivers.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2014, 3:48:48 PM PDT
mandy says:
OMG! I am super excited now! Ahhh, duets dahhhhling, duets! I cannot wait for this album. I love her so much! I will however, wait and see if the deluxe hard copy is cheaper at Target. This price just seems ridiculously expensive for Amazon. Thank you so much, fellow lamb for the info. I loved "Betcha Gonna Know."

Posted on May 13, 2014, 4:08:22 PM PDT
mandy says:
Price has been lowered! Woot woot! Thank you Amazon, pre-ordering now! =)

Posted on May 21, 2014, 1:35:38 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 21, 2014, 1:39:44 PM PDT
S. G. says:
All these guest rappers is so 1994. Mariah started out as a backup singer and seems to be ending up as one again -- on her own records! After floating the appalling "Triumphant" months ago, a song done by two awful rappers with Mariah's backup vocals faint in the background, it looks like more of the same on the album.

Mariah must be having serious vocal difficulties if she lets boring rappers do the majority of her songs, and -- like on this song -- only sings with others voices, live or recorded, doubling her. And that rapper talking b.s. OVER her singing, which is truly bizarre -- it sounds like two radio stations playing at the same time.

For this Mariah fan it's been all downhill since she divorced Mottola. He made her work hard. Now she lets rappers fill in for her. It's too bad.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2014, 4:55:46 PM PDT
mandy says:
Damn, you brought Mottola back into this. You went hard. Well, I will say (as a devoted lamb) what I have heard so far I do not really like. I think the, "Thirsty" song sounds too busy, like you were saying. Just a bunch of noise. So far I am on very pleased with that I have heard. If you didn't know already, you can listen to the whole album on I tunes radio.

Posted on May 26, 2014, 5:17:22 PM PDT
KF says:
I pre ordered the cd and I just received it. Let me first start of by saying I am a HUGE fan have every single cd + every single she has ever released also paid $1000 for 4th row seats, with that said this album is NOT good. I am so disappointed with how bad this album is. I actually may sell it cause I will only listen to beautiful.

In reply to an earlier post on May 26, 2014, 10:09:48 PM PDT
mandy says:
How did you possibly receive the cd today? It was a federal holiday, right?

Posted on May 27, 2014, 8:38:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2014, 10:37:05 AM PDT
CD says:
I just ordered the Target edition and I got the regular deluxe instead, I'm so mad and Target does not even sell the regular deluxe which does not make any sense! Did anyone order the Target edition and get the exclusive cover and bonus track?

Posted on May 27, 2014, 9:47:58 AM PDT
KF says:
I got it delivered UPS!! thats how.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2014, 9:48:55 AM PDT
KF says:
UPS is open and delivers. I have Amazon PRIME so I get FREE shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2014, 2:09:59 PM PDT
mandy says:
On a federal holiday though? Or are you not in America?

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2014, 2:45:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on May 27, 2014, 2:52:48 PM PDT
KF says:
Um yeah I had 2 packages delivered yesterday from UPS so yeah they were open. Yes, on a federal holiday.

Here is your proof...

Ship Carrier: USPS
Tracking ID: 9361289949158151873957
Latest Event: San Diego CA
Delivered - May 26, 2014 10:58:00 AM
Shipment Updates via Text: Your package has been delivered and you will not receive any further text messages for this package. Be sure to sign-up your other packages for 'Shipment Updates via Text'.
See Complete Tracking History
Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse
Mariah Carey
Sold by Amazon.com LLC

das right baby girl delivered on a FEDERAL holiday. Check the tracking boo

Posted on May 27, 2014, 4:24:54 PM PDT
mandy says:
I GOT IT! I have the deluxe bonus with the three extra songs!

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2014, 5:01:00 PM PDT
mandy says:
I love you right now, "Check the tracking boo!" You are so lucky! I just got mine today on Tuesday =( Does yours have the three bonus songs?

Posted on May 27, 2014, 6:15:24 PM PDT
KF says:
I got the Deluxe

In reply to an earlier post on May 27, 2014, 8:06:10 PM PDT
mandy says:
With the extra three? That's the one I got as well. Yay, for us!

In reply to an earlier post on May 29, 2014, 10:17:40 AM PDT
TAR says:
I bought the Target deluxe edition at Target and the bonus song is America the Beautiful incase anyone is wondering. And I think the exclusive cover looks better too.
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  11
Total posts:  28
Initial post:  May 2, 2014
Latest post:  May 31, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

This discussion is about
Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse
Me. I Am Mariah...The Elusive Chanteuse by Mariah Carey (Audio CD - 2014)
4.2 out of 5 stars (298)