Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Grand Theft Auto IV forum

why wont it play for me?????????

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 12, 2010, 5:53:11 AM PST
T. L. Heads says:
I bought this game from a store as pre-owned, it didnt work, they replaced it, it didnt work. I then bought it brand new from Amazon, still no joy, it simply wont get recognised on my x-box. I can send the disc back and get a replacement but it would be easy to assume I will have the same result. This is the only game which is not working for me, all others are fine. Does anyone have any idea as to why my X-box doesnt recognise this particular game. My option at the moment is to try the disc on someone elses console which I will when I can. Does anyone else have this problem, is it the game or the console?

Posted on Jan 29, 2010, 9:26:54 AM PST
Try connecting an ethernet cord (with an internet connection) to your xbox before you even turn it on. Then turn your xbox on, and maybe live will update your console with current firmware.

After this is done, then try to access the game while your xbox is still connected to your internet. Live should try to update the game.

If this does not work, I'm not sure what the problem is. It's wierd that other games play fine, but you have tried 2 copies of GTA and they both don't work.

I hope this helps you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Grand Theft Auto IV forum
Participants:  2
Total posts:  2
Initial post:  Jan 12, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 29, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV
Grand Theft Auto IV by Take Two Interactive (Xbox 360)
4.2 out of 5 stars (1,177)