Amazon Vehicles Oct16 Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Cozy Knits STEM Book 2 or More Hours of House Cleaning on Amazon pbskids pbskids pbskids  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 All-New Kindle for Kids Edition Leonard Cohen Shop Cycling on Amazon Fit for Fall Save on select BOB strollers, Car Seats & Accessories

wow 14.99 toy for 42.00 GREEDY

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-18 of 18 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 23, 2012 9:14:56 AM PDT
B. Lawson says:
im a so sick of this crap a kids toy and we r this greedy

Posted on Oct 26, 2012 9:04:05 AM PDT
Mother-of-4 says:
Totally agree, not sure how these vendors sleep at night

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 4:42:43 PM PDT
You can certainly NOT BUY the item if you don't like the price.

What is it worth to you to drive around all afternoon in traffic just to HOPE that Toys R Us will let you buy ONE of these?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 2, 2012 5:47:08 PM PDT
B. Lawson says:
I know but it aint worth 42.00 dollers. People Its A KIDS TOY READ KIDS TOY Maybe if u were a family man u might understand just a lil bit.

Posted on Nov 15, 2012 6:52:26 AM PST
Exactly sellers like you are whats wrong with people nowadays. Lets jack up the price because we are nerds and clean the stores out of certain skylanders making it harder for everyday people to buy them for their kids. Pathetic.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2012 9:31:46 PM PST
Kenpo Steve says:
You are full of crap. These toys aren't that hard to find. Trying to fleece someone for three times the retail price is just greed, plain and simple. There's no way to justify it. Rationalize all you want, but that kind of markup is simply unethical.

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 6:03:06 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 17, 2012 6:03:35 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 17, 2012 9:05:18 PM PST
B. Lawson says:
wow another greedy person. That Dose'nt Understand. Aint yelling just feel for the kids

Posted on Nov 18, 2012 1:26:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 18, 2012 2:39:34 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 9:30:39 AM PST
Brendan Ford says:
For The kids!!!
Luckily we are in a free market society where you have the choice not to buy this character at whatever you consider to be an exorbitant price!
If no one buys at this price then the seller will either lower his price or not sell any. This is how the world works. If the kids are entitled to a toy at the price you consider to be reasonable, then why not say that 'free' is reasonable?
My kid wants diamonds. Should the price of diamonds be lowered 'for the kids' or is the high price there reasonable because they are rare? See what I did there?

If it is worth $x then people will pay $x. If not, then the price will come down to $(x-1). Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Eventually the price settles at what it is worth.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 3:09:00 PM PST
Sheldon says:
i just got him for $13.73 plus $3. for shipping.
dont know when he was $42 .

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:37:23 AM PST
KindleGirl says:
Price gouging for sure. I've just about completed all of my holiday shopping here on Amazon. I'm a loyal Prime member. But this is really disgusting. I just checked Target and my store has it in-stock for $14. Amazon won't get my money on this item, even if it was the only source.

Posted on Nov 30, 2012 11:52:51 AM PST
Sheldon says:
dont know if they will let me post this or if they will delete it later.
but i was so happy that i got this Head Head yesterday .
was happy until today when i checked my order .
Seller said he was sold out .
he wasnt sold out , i think what happen was after i brought mine for $13.78
went back 10 minutes later and seller raised the price .
what he did was wrong .

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 30, 2012 11:55:45 AM PST
Sheldon says:
i got this from the seller yesterday for $13.78
cheaper then the store.
my order went though , even had a shipping date .
Seller cancels my order cause he said he was sold out .
he wasnt sold out . i went back 10 minutes later and he had raised the price.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 4, 2012 1:22:37 PM PST
Jim says:
I picked up Hot Head at King Soopers grocery store. They are selling all Skylanders at 50% off retail through mid December. I got him for $7.50 + tax.

Posted on Dec 19, 2012 1:37:25 PM PST
fenwah says:
There are plenty of other Skylander Giants that you can get at regular price or below. No one is forcing you to buy this one. Just wait until after Christmas and pick it up at regular price when the demand is lower. You can use it for a birthday present, good grades, etc. I stockpiled about 12 of these when they were 50% off at another retailer and only plan on giving my son about four of them at Christmas...and the rest at a later date.

Posted on Dec 22, 2012 5:22:04 PM PST
C. M. Curry says:
I remember my mom being stressed to find toys for myself and brother that were out of stock in store when we were kids before the internet, be glad you have the option to get it because if they weren't on ebay or amazon you wouldn't be able to find it at all. You cant expect someone to sell something for less than what its worth. I don't expect someone to sell a rare baseball card for 25 cents because that is what it was bought for. If the toy is rare then it will be hard to find in store regardless, if you want it pay for it, if not go to the store and fight the crowds like I did. If you cant find it at toys r us on the shelf ask the sales guy to pull the box down from the storage areas I know they overstocked them, they keep them stored behind the displays that line electronics. That's how I got mine. but face it, dictating what anyone can sell anything for is wrong, how would you feel if someone told you that you were not allowed to sell your car for 12000 because they felt the price was too high.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 28, 2012 6:29:03 AM PST
B. Sak says:
Just ordered this from Toys R Us online, who has it in stock at retail price, 15.99. I don't understand the problem with looking for a lower price, or complaining about the prices here? People are just venting, and this is part of how sellers realize that they may have overpriced their product. Currently at $30.00 here, but the email I got said 23.99. Don't you think that they should sell it to me at the advertised price?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  18
Initial post:  Oct 23, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 28, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

This discussion is about