Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Best Friends Forever forum

Books written in diary/journal/letter format recommendations

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-11 of 11 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 29, 2009, 11:32:46 AM PDT
Annie B says:
I loved "No, I don't Want to Join a Book Club" and am looking for recommendations for other books written in journal form or as letters. I've read also read "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society" and "84 Charing Cross Road" and loved them too. Anyone know of books written in similar format? Thanks!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 21, 2010, 6:28:46 AM PST
T. Mccoy says:
Try Family Gems, by Jim Browning and Daniel Curry. It's a hoot!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2010, 8:46:12 AM PDT
A Woman of Independent Means...my all-time favorite...sorry for the late post...just checked into this site...

Posted on Sep 21, 2010, 9:34:45 AM PDT
"Rosie Dunne" by Cecelia Ahern (P.S. I love you) is written totally in correspondence, i.e. letters, emails, texts etc. It's a really unique way to tell a story and you never feel like you missed out on anything important. I actually listened to it on audiobook which was awesome because the thick Irish accents were fun.

Posted on Dec 13, 2010, 5:58:38 PM PST
Bodhi Gaia says:
The Collector, by John Fowles, is a classic novel, written in diary format. It traces the life of a mild-mannered psychopath who kidnaps a woman and tries to make her fall in love with him. It was made into a good film too.

Posted on Dec 14, 2010, 2:45:49 PM PST
P. Romance says:
I'm not sure if this exactly what you're looking for but I would suggest Boy Meets Girl by Meg Cabot. I thought it was really funny and entertaining. It's written in letters, emails, texts, voice messages and IMs. There was prequel to this story, but it wasn't done as well.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 15, 2010, 12:58:01 AM PST
Bodhi Gaia says:
There is also The Weight of the World, by Peter Handke, which is a journal that more than one reviewer has said qualifies as a novel. Also, Doris Lessing's The Golden Notebook is a novel told in the form of journals.

Posted on Jan 3, 2011, 7:24:30 PM PST
Bree says:
The Jessica Darling Series contains five books, the first being Sloppy Firsts, written by Megan McCafferty. They are all written in journal form. All five books go through high school, college, and after. Is a long sweeping romance, very fun, hip, and all around good!

Posted on Jan 15, 2011, 4:42:07 AM PST
Meterr says:
Impatient with Desire- a fiction "diary" wrote by Tamsen Donnor of the Donner party.

The red leather diary- a diary is found in a dumpster by a writer, belonging to an elderly lady, who wrote the diary as a young woman in the 30s.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 29, 2011, 3:33:26 PM PST
Shawna says:
I haven't read any of the books you mentioned, but you might like Girl by Blake Nelson.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 23, 2016, 6:53:36 PM PDT
The book Windbreak: A Woman Rancher on the Northern Plains by Linda Hasselstrom is an interesting read.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  11
Initial post:  Jul 29, 2009
Latest post:  Jul 23, 2016

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

This discussion is about
Best Friends Forever
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner (Hardcover - July 14, 2009)
3.3 out of 5 stars (326)