Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > OfficeSuite Professional forum

How do you get this thing to go off?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 20, 2012, 11:33:47 PM PST
Shawn says:
It sits in my running apps list all the time. Seems like a lot of wasted battery for something I'm only going to use occasionally.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 27, 2012, 10:33:34 PM PST
I do not know what version of Android you use, but for 2.2 and 3.0 go into settings from the phone/tablet homescreen. Select "applications" -> "manage applications" -> select the app you want to shut down -> hit "force stop". This is how I shut down any app at any time, it will warn you that it could cause problems, but I have never really run into any with a force close. You will also see options like "uninstall", that is how you can remove it entirely. I had a friend recently comment he could not remove an amazon app he did not like, this menu was news to him. He mentioned that the android market has the uninstall button on the page.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012, 10:39:07 AM PDT
S. Davies says:
Shawn, I had the same concern - but got referred to a developer website that explained how Android works. Apparently, the "running apps" listed aren't really running (unless you are actually using them), i.e. they aren't using any processor power, but are just sitting in memory, waiting to be used quickly if called on. The Android system actively manages the memory space also, so if another program needs more memory, it will dump apps that aren't actively being used. Check out an app called Watchdog which will explain all this and which will watch the "running" apps and kill them if they are causing problems.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 17, 2013, 10:52:38 PM PST
jh6713 says:
Good input. thank you

Posted on Feb 1, 2014, 8:47:50 AM PST
JH says:
What if the Uniinstall link doesn't appear. In my case, there's just a Disable link where Uninstall usually appears. This on a recently purchased Kindle Fire HD 7" Second Generation. I actually downloaded or punched Office Suite, but there it is -- version 7.3.1513 -- in my Manage All Applications list.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 20, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 1, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

This discussion is about